Overclock.net banner

Which one?

• Go to college, this is your only chance

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No! college sucks! Who wants to spend thier summer learning?

Votes: 8 47.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents need to reserve tickets early...so... should I go to college for the whole summer and wait a 1 year to go on another 3 week vacation to asia, or go this year?

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldestroyer

As long as you don't drop out of college....

Dude....I'm 13, I'm going for a gifted thing

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
go later... youll be older and can have more fun...
go to college while u can and just get it over with... party later... trust me

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I agree with basil - you wont enjoy it as much and so what if you spend the summer doing work?! It gives you more of an excuse to play games

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how about college and *sick*
for a month

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I would say it depends...

...What exactly are you going to be doing at college?

If the college were offering a networking class or.. photography class... or... I dunno... something interesting... I'd take that over Asia any day. I love learning and I don't like wasting time so if I have the opportunity to learn something I love, I would always take that.

I've been to these special "gifted" things though and half the time it is a lot of mumbo jumbo crap that isn't worth anything... I remember drawing architechural plans in the 4th grade and lemme tell ya.... it was a blast... (most boring thing EVER).

In short, if the college thing teaches you a skill or skills, I would choose that.
If it is a "keep your brain busy" session or some sort of "primer" for college, then pass on it and enjoy Asia

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I'd have to say learn now and let the family go with out you. It will be good training for your future, plus when your parents are in Asia they can't bust your house party, lol.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentrinh

My parents need to reserve tickets early...so... should I go to college for the whole summer and wait a 1 year to go on another 3 week vacation to asia, or go this year?

Go to college, man. Besaides there's a thing in work called "Taking Leave"(at least, that's what it's called in the military).

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentrinh

Dude....I'm 13, I'm going for a gifted thing

Those summer program things are a total waste of life... You will feel cheated once your summer break is over. You will feel like you lost 2.5 months out of your life, that you will NEVER get back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts