Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Command and Conquer Franchise comeing back out. Most likely going 2 be called Red Alert 3 Got new s off of my gamespot newsletter

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiggy

yeah i read something about that, i reallly love C&C

any more details? screenshots?

there's an article about it but i gotta dig it through 100's of e-mail 2 find it

will post when i do

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

nice, i loved c&c generals and recently LOTR BFME. I think I even had the original Red Alert (before red alert: c&c) from way back when LOL.

Ya I've got all the them except "C&C: Generals", I haven't played it yet. Those games are addictive. I can't wait to see some screenies for the new sequel.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

Ya I've got all the them except "C&C: Generals", I haven't played it yet. Those games are addictive. I can't wait to see some screenies for the new sequel.

dude c&c generals was the best! i thought tiberian sun was dope but once i played generals... forget about it.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

dude c&c generals was the best! i thought tiberian sun was dope but once i played generals... forget about it.

That's a unique opinion, Tiberian Sun was considered one of the weakest games in the franchise when it was released. Part of that stems from the very long development time to release, and then when the game appeared no one could figure out exactly what the hell took so long. It wasn't exactly on the bleeding edge of technology for its day.

No C&C beats the original, yes the very original, C&C in my book. Playing as NOD was so much fun; stealth tanks and laser towers kicked major butt. (Actually I was a Warcraft 2 fan more than a C&C fan back then; I liked their fog of war implementation better.)

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
man, i spent so many hours on those games its crazy. my fav are the redalert, and yuris revenge. c&c generals was ok imo, because u just dont have enough resources. but man i cant wait for a new red alert

·
Registered
725 Posts
Generals certainly wasnt the best but i still think it was pretty awsome

Red Alert was the best!
Something realllly dark and sinister about it, the soviet cutscenes were great

RA2/Tiberian Sun and finaly generals lacked the heart

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
ya all the c&c games were good except for tiberien sun and such but i had played the original red alert (dont know where th cd's are if or f i can even play it still) i still have ra2 and yuris revenge ( but missing the soviet disk of ra2, lent it out years ago never got it back) and i am thinking of getting c&c generals when i decide to go to my best buy and pick it up with the expansion pack for $40. So if this is true that a new red alret is coming out i may have to get it too when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

dont forget to mention age of empires III

I never could get real into Age of Empires. I didn't even like the Star Wars game they made with the engine, even though I like the source material. It just always seemed to be a race to the highest age, and if you outdistanced your opponent a little you had him beat (although it could take a helluva long time to actually complete the beating).

If I had to wish for a new RTS, I would want Starcraft 2. But don't go mixing any of that Warcraft 3 junk into it, big battles with huge armies are more fun than those small squad and hero based battles they focused on in War3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts