Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 6GB set of Dominator GT which is rated at 1600 7-7-7-22 @1.65v but what's the command rate?

If I use XMP in the BIOS it puts massive volts to my IMC (1.4v) and sets to 1T; which drops a core in P95 pretty quickly.

The CPU-Z SPD tab shows that the XMP command rate is 2T which allows me to reduce that IMC voltage while running smooth as glass.

Does anyone know that actual rated specs?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MNiceGuy
View Post

I just picked up a 6GB set of Dominator GT which is rated at 1600 7-7-7-22 @1.65v but what's the command rate?

If I use XMP in the BIOS it puts massive volts to my IMC (1.4v) and sets to 1T; which drops a core in P95 pretty quickly.

The CPU-Z SPD tab shows that the XMP command rate is 2T which allows me to reduce that IMC voltage while running smooth as glass.

Does anyone know that actual rated specs?

What is the part number according to CPU-Z's SPD tab? Or, can you post a .PNG of CPU-Z's SPD tab?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Oh. Well, since that far-right column has the XMP-1600 specs and says 2T, then it's definitely 2T.

• Rep+
Reactions: MNiceGuy

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
If it's ddr3 it's 1t put it that way
Unless it's a very early kit. Not sure why the spd tab puts it as that but 1t is not a problem at all with that kit.

• Rep+
Reactions: MNiceGuy

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Oh. Well, since that far-right column has the XMP-1600 specs and says 2T, then it's definitely 2T.
Why would the BIOS pop in 1T? Ah well it's running smoothly now. Nothing worse than putting together a new system that's not stable

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gappo View Post

But it's not stable that way...even with 1.4 on the IMC/Uncore

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevingreenbmx View Post
My 2000mhz 8-8-8 set is 2T
Are you looking in the CPU-Z tab or is there some kind of documentation out there for these kits?

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:

My 2000mhz 8-8-8 set is 2T
Well stop doing that and put it to 1t
I have had both of these kits and they both do 1t perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post
Are you looking in the CPU-Z tab or is there some kind of documentation out there for these kits?
it is written on the label on the sticks for me....

Quote:

Well stop doing that and put it to 1t

4 steps ahead of you. although, at 2000mhz it really does need to be 2T

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:

4 steps ahead of you. although, at 2000mhz it really does need to be 2T
Oh yeah of course. Shame my board wont top 1900

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Quote:

Unless it's a very early kit. Not sure why the spd tab puts it as that but 1t is not a problem at all with that kit.
I've always found that if one of the columns say something other than JDEC, then you know you're getting the manufacturer's actual specifications for stock settings.

Quote:

Why would the BIOS pop in 1T? Ah well it's running smoothly now. Nothing worse than putting together a new system that's not stable

Probably because of what el gappo said: it sounds like it's more common for DDR3 to have 1T. But this kit is 2T even though the motherboard doesn't know it.

Quote:

But it's not stable that way...even with 1.4 on the IMC/Uncore
And since it's not stable, that just proves even further that it's not supposed to be 1T.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
What's printed on the stickers that are on the memory sticks?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

What's printed on the stickers that are on the memory sticks?
It's not printed on the label, anywhere on the packaging, or anywhere that I can see on Corsair's site.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Quote:

It's not printed on the label, anywhere on the packaging, or anywhere that I can see on Corsair's site.
Whoa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockadile Dundee View Post
You are going to need to Memtest86+ v4.0 it either way. I say, try it at 1T, all night long.
I agree. When stabilized, 1T feels faster than 2T.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The main reason I posted up was because I wanted to know whether I was getting everything I paid for. Dominator GT is among the highest priced kits out there so I feel I should be getting every last drop out of them. If you bought a Hyundai you wouldn't be that disappointed that it doesn't pin you back in the seat. If you bought an Aston Martin you would be a little disappointed that it didn't.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Quote:

Whoa.

I agree. When stabilized, 1T feels faster than 2T.
Yes, but it is almost not noticeable, his game loading screens or whatever will already feel faster from running ~1600 @7-7-7. But yes, he should try to get everything he paid for.

But: what about all the sub-timings? Do you have those? If left on auto, the mobo can really jack those up, so either way: I recommend finding some starting point, and testing with memtest86+ v4.0.

You don't want to leave performance on the table, but it is like many small changes that together, will be noticeable; but even with everything set very conservatively, performance will be fantastic, more or less.

I just think you have to test it anyway, and it is either 1t or 2t, and there should still be some variation among those kits, so even if it is a 2t kit, there should be some chance that 1t is stable, so it is worth trying.

Are you sure it is the command rate which causes it to be unstable?

On my chip, too high of a cpu vtt can itself, make it unstable. It may be that it is unstable because it was on 1.4v. No configuration or settings should require 1.4v in normal use. High voltages can themselves, can make things unstable.

Is this the kit:
CMG6GX3M3A1600C7
??

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockadile Dundee View Post
Part no# please:
Is it
CMG6GX3M3A1600C7

??

I guess I would say, people say you can't feel these little changes, so I am prone to saying that, but I so do feel them, in load times.
Yep, it's CMT6GX3M3A1600C7 just like it says in CPU-Z.

As for little changes: I definitely felt an improvement when I changed the Command Rate from 2T to 1T. It wasn't huge, but it was enough for me to justify spending some time stabilizing it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts