Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i was wondering i tried setting my sata option to enhanced on achi instead of IDE mode and when i try to boot i get a BSOD right after the vista load screen... Any idea why...

NOTE : I updated to the latest bios and the same is hapenning...

I'd like to know the difference between enhance mode and compatible? ACHI and IDE?

on a side note:
Also I was able to create a raid array but unable install vista from my sata dvd at boot it was saying no boot device present...
I'm sure this is caused be me forgetting to setup something in the bios... (therefore i had to install vista in IDE mode.....
)

Tried looking for aswers on asus FAQ site but with no sucess...

All I want is my drives running at thier fastest possible speed on a non raid configuration for now.. And i want to be able to run a raid 0 array when i install Vista ultimate 64 bit...

here are the bios screens :

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
I'm not fimiliar with those bios but if you want to set up raid... it seems like you would select "Enhanced" and then configure SATA as "RAID".

You probably need to reformat your OS when changing that.

Vista might not have the raid drivers for your mobo. You'll need to get a floppy and get some if its not detecting the raid array during installation.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i do not have a floppy drive i use a usb key for my bios updates ... so is it possible to install those from a key?
Anyways i'll try a few stuff when i'm ready to install vista 64bit...

Right now tho i'm looking to get the best performance from my current sata 2 setup...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts