Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of upgrading my mobo and was looking at the 939 dual sata2 from asrock...any of you that have this board or have had experience with it have any pros/cons I should know about

was also looking at the Asus A8V..which would be a better board?

thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
The board is ideal if you dont want to make a move to pci just yet ,like me. i have not come across to many problems with the mobo yet i,ve only had it a couple of weeks. My biggesst prob is with the 275htt cap thats on all asrock bios's which prevents me overclocking my opty to its max.

You might want to take alook here in the asrock section.
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just upgraded/switched from that board.

Honestly as soon as you get pci-e option, you want to upgrade. Id sell your card and maybe pick up the biostar i have for like 75$ and just use the onboard video for a month and save up for a decent pci-e card.

The options in the asrock are poo, when i saw the options in the bios of this board i was amazed at how much more there is. The asrock is a nice board, but you might as well just switch to a pci-e board that can overclock better and worry about the video card after.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i bought the board so that i could update to pci-e and then get a new mobo. its ok at overclocking i have carried out the vmod like (what?) and i have 2.5ghz out of it with my 3200 but it isnt 100%stable on prime passed occt though .
its a good board for the money and if you have agp and are thinking of upgrading to pci-e in the future its great for that thats why i choose is it and herd about the overclocking abiltys lol not the best not the worst .with out the vmod i got 2.35ghz stable on prime and occt my next board will be a dfi for sure
GOOD BOARD has not done me any wrong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts