Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 460 of 594 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,953 Posts
The problem is people are "liking" funny posts. I've seen it in this very thread, which is what prompted me to say that. And I see even the admins are misusing the button!

And those "likes" are diluting our rep. Which is something we should pride ourselves on, but how can we if the numbers don't mean anything?

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
Technically the (Rep+) is just a like for now.

This is temporary until the new rep system is released and I believe all the previously earned rep has been backed up and should be able to be restored.

Jeff M

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
The problem is people are "liking" funny posts. I've seen it in this very thread, which is what prompted me to say that. And I see even the admins are misusing the button!

And those "likes" are diluting our rep. Which is something we should pride ourselves on, but how can we if the numbers don't mean anything?
Hi,
Dude people were doing it before it just wasn't advertised lol
Likes in the off topic section though that is a new one.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
On another note you really do need to kill this idiotic photo player/ display feature it's either small or large nothing between
Just link to full screen and be done with it dang.

Post with both images

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,953 Posts
Technically the (Rep+) is just a like for now.

This is temporary until the new rep system is released and I believe all the previously earned rep has been backed up and should be able to be restored.

Jeff M
If that's the case then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hi,
Dude people were doing it before it just wasn't advertised lol
Likes in the off topic section though that is a new one.
True. However, with the system as it is now it's more confusing, and it will lead to more people misusing the rep button. It will always happen, but the goal should be to keep it to a minimum.

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,540 Posts
I don't hold out much hope for this forum. I told them fourteen days ago that something that they pride themselves on putting on the frontpage of their forums is wrong and it's still there. Ironically it's something that this community should be proud of: the date it was founded.

It's 2004, not 2002. More specifically, March 21st, 2004 (see again here for further confirmation). If something as easy as ditching the code that is looking up the wrong date somewhere and replacing it with manual labour in the form of displaying a static "2004" is taking this long, then I cannot logically expect much from a management that doesn't even respect the site's history.

P.S.: Seriously, we still don't have a time machine, so I'm pretty certain that we're good with a static value of year 2004 for this one.

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,383 Posts
How can HeadFi have a better layout than this. They are on the same damn platform!
I am trying to get the latest scoop and you are basically forcing me to go on other websites.
Please bring back all the features that gave the added value for visiting this board.
I spend less and less time here because this board reminds me of the non funny 'here boss, i fixed it' memes.

• Rep+
Reactions: rares495

·
Still here...
4,783 Posts
HardOCP is another XenForo forum with its own unique branding.

A XenForo forum's look and feel can be customized just like most other forum platforms. The problem here is customization takes work, and the more forums you manage, the more work you've got. I'm guessing that given the number of forums they manage, VS has to make as much of what they've got work-wise manageable globally; and if that's the case, you can pretty much forget having a forum that's got the sort of unique branding and functionality OCN used to have. Certain aspects of the work have to be standardized across the board.

It just takes too much work, which equates to too much overhead in this instance.

Prove me wrong VS. I worked in corporate for many years.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
If that's the case then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

True. However, with the system as it is now it's more confusing, and it will lead to more people misusing the rep button. It will always happen, but the goal should be to keep it to a minimum.
Hi,
You say true but do you realize I/ you.... could rep a single person over and over just as I..... have shown in a couple threads giving people 35 rep minimum to post in the market place....

Now you can clearly see who is doing the buddy buddy reps lol this is enlightening because indeed it was covered up before 💡

Most real forums with a real rep system people can not do that this is why it's always been a facebook like... just renamed to rep or rep+ now.
Also a real rep system someone can not rep the same person again until they rep 25.. other users this it's self helps curb abuse and makes it more of a traditional Help Forum instead of a buddy/ buddy system.

Excluding off topic/ chill room and often excluding News sections from being able to give or recieve rep is the norm but this will never happen maybe just chill room as before.

As it is now the (y) Rep+ is in clear sight instead of before it was sort of hidden in a flame where newbies never even knew what it was lol

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
UPDATE:

From the Dev team about HTML cleanup:
"We are about to start working on Overclock live, the work involves restoring post messages content that was lost during migration (around 600 posts) and cleanup HTML post content for the ones that have it, that should be transparent and not affect user experience in any way, the site is going to be up for the whole time."

More info to come as I get it.

Jeff M

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,307 Posts
I am missing the trader feedback or are you guys still working on it?
Quoting myself because I did not get any feedback. Just would like info regarding the trader feedback system.

Thanks

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
Conversations/ Private messages sure would be nice to have a Delete option :rolleyes:

·
Rig Advisor
3,582 Posts
Quoting myself because I did not get any feedback. Just would like info regarding the trader feedback system.

Thanks
Good luck getting answers to your questions directly.

·
Still here...
4,783 Posts
UPDATE:

From the Dev team about HTML cleanup:
"We are about to start working on Overclock live, the work involves restoring post messages content that was lost during migration (around 600 posts) and cleanup HTML post content for the ones that have it, that should be transparent and not affect user experience in any way, the site is going to be up for the whole time."

More info to come as I get it.

Jeff M
600, is that a reasonably accurate number?

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·

Thanks
Good luck getting answers to your questions directly.
iTrader is not an option on Xenforo however looking at ways to add it back in under rep or another feature.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
Hi,
Conversations/ Private messages sure would be nice to have a Delete option :rolleyes:
You can, just "Leave" it.

There is no limit to the number of conversations. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer display to you within your conversations, you can simply click near the upper right of the message to leave the conversation

Once you leave a conversation, it cannot be restored unless you are invited back to it.

For leaving conversations in bulk (full page) you can do the following.

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, once you select any, a drop menu near the bottom will appear. If you want to leave conversation in bulk (such as a full page) Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose action” select “Leave conversations” . Click GO.

Jeff M

·
waifu for lifu
11,608 Posts
What would be nice is to have sold/closed items in the For Sale/Wanted section moved into their own section. Hard to sift through at a glance what is actually for sale.
Prior to migration, it was up to the originator to edit the post. Some do. Some don't. A request should be sent to a mod to closeout said thread as well.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
You can, just "Leave" it.

There is no limit to the number of conversations. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer display to you within your conversations, you can simply click near the upper right of the message to leave the conversation

Once you leave a conversation, it cannot be restored unless you are invited back to it.

For leaving conversations in bulk (full page) you can do the following.

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, once you select any, a drop menu near the bottom will appear. If you want to leave conversation in bulk (such as a full page) Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose action” select “Leave conversations” . Click GO.

Jeff M
Hi,
Because leave is stupid
Why have some thing listed and not be able to do anything with it make zero sense.

441 - 460 of 594 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.