Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer keep on restarting espcially when am playing a game (lineage 2 )

Does this mean I need to get a new power supply?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
have you overclocked it? it may just be unstable form overclocking it to far... aslo what are your temps if u did OC?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
can u look on the side of the PSU and see how many amps is on the +12v rail... im asuming this is a cheapy psu that came with the case u have...

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
hmmm that sounds a little low for you computer and videocard... i hate to just jump to the conclusion, but i think it could be you PSU, u want something with a little more power than that... something around 24amps minimum on the 12v rail...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does the amd processor required more power then intel? Cause My old motherboard and cpu was an CPU: p4 2.6 , MB: is7 and I had no problem Until i switch to amd 3700+ asus a8v

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
yes the amd will use more power and so will the motherboard, did u also have the smae video card or did u update that too? so now it does sound like you PSU for sure...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, I didnt upgrade my video card !

thx , cause I was wondering if it was my power supply too.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ya it sounds like the PSU to me... how much u willing to spend i can help u fand a good one that will be last for a long time...

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
What voltage are you running to the AGP slot....seems as if you're running it on auto in the bios (normally 1.5V)....try raising it to 1.6 or 1.7

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE

What voltage are you running to the AGP slot....seems as if you're running it on auto in the bios (normally 1.5V)....try raising it to 1.6 or 1.7

i thought running more voltage to agp can hurt the videocard.... cant it casue unstablility and hurt the gpu?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got a new one, Just need to change it. this time its a 550 watt ! My old one is 420 watt ! Will that fix the problem?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by g4xx

I just got a new one, Just need to change it. this time its a 550 watt ! My old one is 420 watt ! Will that fix the problem?

How many amps on the 12 volt rail?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
it might... is it a cheap one that came with a computer case? how many amps are on the 12v rail for that one?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
lol its no different.... u can try it but i doubt it will be much better,if any.... i think u just need to get a little money together and buy a good psu for 50-90$

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

i thought running more voltage to agp can hurt the videocard.... cant it casue unstablility and hurt the gpu?

I've run 1.6-1.7V on every card I own...even my Mx440...(Quadro FX...excuse me flashing
)
It only hurts if you leave it clocked waaay too high...but mediocre to med-high...it gives the card that extra juice it needs without fooling with the bios...which is another story
!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE

I've run 1.6-1.7V on every card I own...even my Mx440...(Quadro FX...excuse me flashing
)
It only hurts if you leave it clocked waaay too high...but mediocre to med-high...it gives the card that extra juice it needs without fooling with the bios...which is another story
!

so if i throw an extra .1-.2volts into the card and max out the OC it can hurt it? like will i be able to OC more than what i have now if i put more power to the agp slot?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts