Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LTSC for life crew
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would a 10700K + 2080 Super compare to the PS5?

And would a 10700K + 2080 Super rig be more future proof than just buying a PS5? I mean how are these likely to age given that modern games are starting to demand more horsepower from systems.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
A 10700k + 2080 Super should be measurably better than a PS5, but perhaps not noticeably. It will also be way more expensive.

Does gaming on a PC matter to you?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can do a heck of a lot more with my gaming PC than I ever could with my PS. Keep your temps reasonable, buy quality gear and a decent build should last you quite a few years.

·
Overclocker in training
13,011 Posts
Hi,
Overclocking verses no overclocking.

·
Avid Memer
5,940 Posts
The advantage consoles have over PCs is hardware configuration. As in there's only two configurations so developers can more heavily optimize games on console. Games tend to have better graphics on PC as well since graphics has to be tuned down on consoles to have acceptable performance. Graphics on the PS5 and Xbox Series X will blow anyone away if they're coming from a current-gen console. Anyone with an RTX 2080 Ti probably won't be nearly as impressed.

With that said, I think the only reason to buy any console is exclusives. With next-gen consoles being more like PCs than ever before, I don't expect many games to be console exclusive. Nintendo seems to have the best exclusives with Sony a close second.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts