Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhell View Post

First 3930k second 3770k. As you can see bf4 use all the available threads. On my tests the game crash with 4gb ram with 8gb is fine and with 16 gb is way better. Also it use all the available page file.

Sad that i dont have a graph from ht off on my 3770k

All the runs was on full 64 man server with a single 7970
I've reduced my page file size to 8gb, as I have 32gb of RAM I wanted to save space on my SSD, this won't be a problem will it?

Note: I am upgrading my GPU before BF4 release, please ignore my sig rig for now.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWak-1 View Post

I've reduced my page file size to 8gb, as I have 32gb of RAM I wanted to save space on my SSD, this won't be a problem will it?

Note: I am upgrading my GPU before BF4 release, please ignore my sig rig for now.
I also have 8gb page file with 16 gb ram. I dont think its a problem

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

Alright then pops, answer me this. When you delid, do u leave the ihs off and mount the hs on like an old athlon xp? I would be concerned that the huge air coolers today would crush it.

Also, I had to RMA my CPU (1st one ever) so now Ill prolly never do it.

Also, screw you intel for doing this in the 1st place.
You leave the ihs on, unless you calculate and brave enough to do a bare die mount.
Temps fall from 20 to 30c. Quite incredible really
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncope View Post

For a stable plus 120 FPS since he's using a 120 Hz monitor.

Also, due to input lag and latency, as he already stated.
unless he is playing competitively, I really don't see why you would do that, that's honestly horrible to my eyes lol. Each to their own though
smile.gif

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm interested by this test about Hyperthreading, yet it looks like we have 2 different results, one saying it's better HT Off, and one saying it's better with HT ON.
Anybody with a 4770k or 4930k willing to test some more ?

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well I think his the only one I've ever seen with ht off and getting better results. You have to note his settings though. On low, completely low to achieve such high fps on a single 670.

·
Custom User Title
3,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

I'll do tests when Windows 8.1 & BF4 are out, say in around a month from now.
and what does win8 drop to?
No drops with Win8, stays within 50-65 FPS on 64 player game.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did one run (HT on vs off) on ultra without motion blur and post processing. Here's a screenshot of the results:
http://gyazo.com/055ddc9e5592ce133ae3479e7c3c64bd

Videos if interested:
HT ON: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73DjiwCF8qQ
HT OFF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnCkHgJUCmM

I couldn't tell any difference in-game between HT on vs off on those settings and the results are practically the same. It's worth noting that the 43 FPS dip comes from me looking down the street from where the .50 cal is (~1:25 in the HT OFF video). In the HT on run I never looked down that street. More runs would have made that clearer but playing with those settings and getting an unstable ~60fps was nearly unbearable after coming from 120~ plus on low with a 144hz monitor. I probably should have just spectated and recorded that but that will have to be next time.

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90N1NE View Post

I did one run (HT on vs off) on ultra without motion blur and post processing. Here's a screenshot of the results:
http://gyazo.com/055ddc9e5592ce133ae3479e7c3c64bd

Videos if interested:
HT ON: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73DjiwCF8qQ
HT OFF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnCkHgJUCmM

I couldn't tell any difference in-game between HT on vs off on those settings and the results are practically the same. It's worth noting that the 43 FPS dip comes from me looking down the street from where the .50 cal is (~1:25 in the HT OFF video). In the HT on run I never looked down that street. More runs would have made that clearer but playing with those settings and getting an unstable ~60fps was nearly unbearable after coming from 120~ plus on low with a 144hz monitor. I probably should have just spectated and recorded that but that will have to be next time.
Looks more accurate!
Was this on the BF4 BETA before it went away?

Cheers for sharing the results - looks a bit more normal now - very little variances between the two!
How was your GPU usage % ?
Steady at over 90% for both?

Basically fro me I saw stuttering when the GPU started dipping to 60% regularly - and for me that was with HT OFF.

Really looking forward in testing this on the release version of BF4!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:

Looks more accurate!
Was this on the BF4 BETA before it went away?

Cheers for sharing the results - looks a bit more normal now - very little variances between the two!
How was your GPU usage % ?
Steady at over 90% for both?

Basically fro me I saw stuttering when the GPU started dipping to 60% regularly - and for me that was with HT OFF.

Really looking forward in testing this on the release version of BF4!
I did these tests yesterday. I'm not sure about GPU usage but I'd imagine it would be close to 100%. When the game releases I'll test more and record more stats.

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90N1NE View Post

I did these tests yesterday. I'm not sure about GPU usage but I'd imagine it would be close to 100%. When the game releases I'll test more and record more stats.
Sweet looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

I went from 7 to 8 to see if it had a difference on 10/7/13 and it was a lot better & I could finally play competitively.

On 7 I had bad frame drops down to 20fps & shuttering.
On 8 it ran smooth with no random drops or shuttering.
+1

I also had horrible stuttering and lower FPS in Windows 7. I switched over to Windows 8.1 and now the game is incredibly smooth, and went from 78FPS average to 100FPS average, ULTRA settings. My Windows 7 was only a month old and all of my other games run great, so I know that my copy of Windows 7 is "clean" and running properly.

I did notice that I get more GPU usage and less VRAM usage with Win8.1 as opposed to Win7. The same is true for me in BF3, when comparing Win7 to Win8.1.

The only conclusion I can draw is that those will higher spec CPU's are not seeing a big difference in OS's as they are already running at optimal levels.

Thank you,

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Quote:
No one knows yet.
Someone with high speed ram (not me) has to test this theory.

I'm sure it will make SOME difference, but the difference that Corsair claim (one can't be sure if it is a marketing stunt) is absurdly high.
The difference shown by corsair is the difference between two GPU's - the GTX660ti and the GTX680.

·
PC Gamer
1,651 Posts
with 8.1 and the setup in my rig below I body BF4 with HT on. 120fps during campaign on ULTRA no problem game runs insanely smooth.

exceeded my expectations esp after having such problems running the game in beta.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Anyone know if the 8.1 update makes a difference in performance?

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoprince View Post

with 8.1 and the setup in my rig below I body BF4 with HT on. 120fps during campaign on ULTRA no problem game runs insanely smooth.

exceeded my expectations esp after having such problems running the game in beta.
That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

Anyone know if the 8.1 update makes a difference in performance?
8.1 is recent but when I do my tests it will be via 8.1 so I'll be able to let you know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

No one knows yet.
Someone with high speed ram (not me) has to test this theory.

I'm sure it will make SOME difference, but the difference that Corsair claim (one can't be sure if it is a marketing stunt) is absurdly high.
The difference shown by corsair is the difference between two GPU's - the GTX660ti and the GTX680.
Found this in a german Forum. http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1271517

+13% on ultra settings
+58% on low settings

Looks like i need new ram's
biggrin.gif

41 - 60 of 407 Posts