Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
Quote:
512mb is cuttin it short and maybe a sturdier case but other than that looks good. u are gettin the rest of the stuff for the water cooling not just the block right?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Hmm. Yes it will be compatible. I dunno bout that case though I hate see throughs.. As for the PSU it looks unreliable. It doesnt show the rails which is bad. Also you might want to consider 1 gig of ram. I would get 2 512 sticks also. So get another PSU and consider a gig of ram.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by Waffles

512mb is cuttin it short and maybe a sturdier case but other than that looks good. u are gettin the rest of the stuff for the water cooling not just the block right?

well I plan on getting another 512meg or even possible a extra gig within a few months..
Im gonna be using a gf4 ti4600 also for a few months tell I get a job and take care of some tickets..

Just 512 would be cheap for now, and still plenty to last me a while.

Also I already have a water cooling setup, the only thing lacking in my setup is a good water block on the cpu, got a good block on my gpu now, but my cpu uses a koolance block.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Towlieee

well I plan on getting another 512meg or even possible a extra gig within a few months..
Im gonna be using a gf4 ti4600 also for a few months tell I get a job and take care of some tickets..

Just 512 would be cheap for now, and still plenty to last me a while.

Also I already have a water cooling setup, the only thing lacking in my setup is a good water block on the cpu, got a good block on my gpu now, but my cpu uses a koolance block.

if ur upgrading later dont use 256 sticks. get 1 512.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
If that 512 is just there for now, i'd go with some cheaper RAM, like PC-3200 not like OCZ or Corsair though. Then later drop in a gig of good stuff, like that PC4500 if they make 512 sticks. and still change the PSU...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im gonna stick with the PSU, unless I can find another clear one for cheap..
If it works, **** it.. if it dosnet, then i'l buy a regular grey psu thats known good quality..

I'l try to find some single stick 512meg ram, I didnt know if you had to buy it in pairs or what, that was just the only thing newegg had.
I could also go with 4400, I dunno, I gotta do some more looking around.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Im gonna stick with the PSU, unless I can find another clear one for cheap..
If it works, **** it.. if it dosnet, then i'l buy a regular grey psu thats known good quality..

I'l try to find some single stick 512meg ram, I didnt know if you had to buy it in pairs or what, that was just the only thing newegg had.
I could also go with 4400, I dunno, I gotta do some more looking around.
yes! pc4000 u just need to buy exact same sticks. not nessecarily at the same time thhough
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Yeah,You could always mod your PSU though. Its just a circuit board with plugs into the wall.. Justget a acrilic casing and stick it in there. I'd go with some good ol PC4000 OCZ, awsome RAM there, and it would cover your know and later RAM.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
Heres OCZ RAM And he wants a clear PSU lol. The normal PSU would stick out alot on his clear fugly case..
its not normal its shiny and has 2 blue leds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I shoulda stated this, I need to go with at least 4400 ram, cause im gonna be trying to OC as far as possible... Kinda the reason I want 4500 so I can hit 4.5ghz, with the 4000 i'l only be able to hit 4ghz I think..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
No no.. That OCZ will OC like friggen crazy, ask anyone. Its OCZ their built to OC to godly extents. If you had the money you could get VX.. Voltage Extreme they overclock from like 3200-4400 easily lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
No no.. That OCZ will OC like friggen crazy, ask anyone. Its OCZ their built to OC to godly extents. If you had the money you could get VX.. Voltage Extreme they overclock from like 3200-4400 easily lol.
I dont know much at all about ram..
I was just guessing how it worked lol..

I figured since a 3.2 has a 200mhz REAL fsb, it must be a 16 multiplier.. Then with pc4000 being "250mhz" it would be able to take my comp to 4ghz..
But I prolly have it all wrong =P
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I dont know much at all about ram..
I was just guessing how it worked lol..

I figured since a 3.2 has a 200mhz REAL fsb, it must be a 16 multiplier.. Then with pc4000 being "250mhz" it would be able to take my comp to 4ghz..
But I prolly have it all wrong =P
cant go wrong with pc5000

http://www.komusa.com/1gbkit5pc60d.html

EDIT*******

you can overclock your memory by setting cpu:mem ration to 1:1 so that it
= fsb but pushing it too far makes it unstable just like cpus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres a stupid question..

That psu is upside down in the pictures right?

So the fan that is on the top, would be on the bottom?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top