Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This project is a prelude to the Indigo projects rejuvenation; a hardware and cooling upgrade.

Currently Indigo is armed with an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe / x2 3800 + / 7900GT (volt-modded) / 2 x 1GB DDR Kingston RAM.

As much as I love the Manchester, and considering it is my first true love
, it was a difficult decision to replace it.

Anvil will be a test bench for liquid cooling, and the platform that I will use to configure the updated hardware and cooling for Indigo. This 2-tier, multi-stage project will be happening simultaneously with the plastic-surgery that Indigo will require to accomodate liquid cooling.

This project will be started within the fortnight, after I have finished the current Panel Project that I am working on. I already have all of the hardware required, but some of it needs a thorough cleaning and overhaul before it can be put to use.

For starters, here are some images of Anvil in the making.

Gemini was the organ-donor for the liquid cooling components. One loop goes to Anvil, the other will go to Indigo.

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Looks nifty, I look forward to seeing this progress.

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by edeekeos View Post
looks teh secks.
they always do don't they?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see what you make of it!

You've got yourself a nice working area there. That helps when it comes to getting things done. I wish I had a nice area to work with.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Subscribed

"organ doner"
XD

·
Registered
853 Posts
Subscribed

Again, it's a privilege to witness your craftsmanship.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

...did a lot planning today [read: staring out into space with a vaccuous look in the eyes]

...how am I going to integrate a dual 120 water loop into Indigo without adding anymore weight.... hahhahaah.... that ain't happenin' in this Universe.

Okay... how about "how am I going to integrate a dual 120 loop into Indigo's current framework...?

...I think I got it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

...did a lot planning today [read: staring out into space with a vaccuous look in the eyes]

...how am I going to integrate a dual 120 water loop into Indigo without adding anymore weight.... hahhahaah.... that ain't happenin' in this Universe.

Okay... how about "how am I going to integrate a dual 120 loop into Indigo's current framework...?

...I think I got it.

Ponderous man, really ponderous.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Hmm....that sounds like my Hummer won't fit in my garage so I'll just have to park it on the roof of the garage.....You'll make it fit or you will make the case fit it.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ice_owl View Post
Hmm....that sounds like my Hummer won't fit in my garage so I'll just have to park it on the roof of the garage.....You'll make it fit or you will make the case fit it.

Hahaha, subscribed

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ice...

...good analogy.

The estimated placement of the cooling loop components will improve the overall balance of the case (at least that is what I am telling myself
). The case has yet to tip over, it has even weathered 2 small earthquakes; so it really isn't an issue.... I guess....

Oh! and I made a false statement earlier.... bad memory and all.

The rad that will go on indigo is the one from the Prometheus project, not Gemini. Those went on this one (Anvil) and the VF1000.

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
dam here syrillian goes again! whyd gemini get stripped T_T wahh =P case itself looks nice already.. cant wait to see the progress

1 - 20 of 64 Posts