Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my failing AMD hardware I'm re-doing the inards and changing over to Intel. The new hardware will consist of a DFI x38 or x48 and a Q6600. Also to go along with the re-do I'm having a new waterfall res built by CD.

Update: Completed pictures towards bottom.

·
Is he still around?!
11,240 Posts
Why the new res Kenny? Are you changing the aesthetics of it or was it something wrong functionally?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After taking the rig apart I don't want to deal with such a large res. It was very cool and all, but an extra 5.25 bay will give me loads more room inside the case. Also the design of the last one was great, but it was kind of noisy. The new one I came up with has a bigger top pool to slow the water down a bit.

·
Is he still around?!
11,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kennymester
View Post

After taking the rig apart I don't want to deal with such a large res. It was very cool and all, but an extra 5.25 bay will give me loads more room inside the case. Also the design of the last one was great, but it was kind of noisy. The new one I came up with has a bigger top pool to slow the water down a bit.

Oh ok ok, sounds like it will be even better Kenny!!!

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Depending on the price, possibly. That would look really cool mounted on the tech station I am purchasing. I am afraid it will make me dehydrated though, as I will always need to use the bathroom.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir
View Post

Depending on the price, possibly. That would look really cool mounted on the tech station I am purchasing. I am afraid it will make me dehydrated though, as I will always need to use the bathroom.

Lol!

PM me for a price you think is fair.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ugh!!!!!!!! I'm really stuck now. I took out my mobo and set it up without a case and with aircooling on everything. It works perfectly now. What could have happened? What should I do? I can still RMA the board and the cpu and get an intel board and cpu or I can ignore the RMA now and keep my original stuff and try again.

·
Banned
3,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kennymester
View Post

Ugh!!!!!!!! I'm really stuck now. I took out my mobo and set it up without a case and with aircooling on everything. It works perfectly now. What could have happened? What should I do? I can still RMA the board and the cpu and get an intel board and cpu or I can ignore the RMA now and keep my original stuff and try again.

·
Registered
693 Posts
use those thin washers that come with most cases for the mobo. it should solve the problem. the case is shorting out the mobo

i had this problem with a computer at work. the ebord kept shorting out because of some unkown contact with the case. took me half a day and 3motherboards to finally figure out what the problem was. but it was an easy fix with those washers.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had those installed. It got progressively worse so I don't think it was because of a short. It either had to be heat or chip creep. I don't which one, but I think I may have solved both. We'll see, I hope.

·
Super Moderator
23,730 Posts
Can't wait to see the new reservoir

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
your mod is awesome man! I had the same exact case, but the standoffs started crapping out on me, and it was too heavy to lug to lan parties.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think mine was about 100 pounds when everything was in there. Yeah its not a lanparty rig, well the mobo is (lol). I just ordered a new q6700 for 300 bucks on sale this weekend. I got my X48 ordered today, plus I got new stronger fans and a new waterblock for my 2900xt. I'll post pictures when I start getting stuff in. Oh, and I'm re-doing the front top panel too with new switches. I'm starting that tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got the front floppy cutout bondo'ed up and I cut the bay shield to use the new switched. I'll post some pictures tomorrow and then I have to paint.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts