Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Links to the Important Posts:
02 - Cut right side panel
03 - More spray on right side panel
04 - Button painted
05 - Front designed & cut
06 - Front sand/spray & Top ready
07 - Top cut/sprayed/glued/spackled
08 - Top soot painted, front layover
09 - Playtime with fans/CCFLs
10 - Cut Front, Left Side Panel Work 1
11 - Left Side Panel Work 2
12 - The Secret is Out!
13 - Front is finally done...sheesh
14 - CCube Teaser v1.0
15 - Flickering Cathodes are a go!
16 - CCube Teaser v1.1
17 - CCube Teaser v2.0
18 - CCube Teaser v3.0
19 - CCube Glamor Shots (not yet sooted)
20 - CCube likes to be on the top
21 - Better Pictures of the Final Product
22 - Words from the CPU Mag Article
23 - Pages from CPU Mag
24 - CPU Mag Extra Submittal Pictures *Warning* High Res Pictures
25 - Taking Special Interest (you get to see me!)
Hey everyone, I'm new to Overclock.net and I'm working on my first full case mod. My friends saw some pictures of what I was doing and said I should post on here so people could see and possibly give some insight.
(boring background stuff) So, the idea. When the new Portal
Alright, I apologize for not having a picture of the case before, but posting the log on a forum just didn't cross my mind at the time. Pretend that there isn't any paint on the case. That's how boring it was.
I started out spraying the top with white primer in hopes of putting a black spray design on top. The idea is the case to be rugged so while the paint was drying, I took a paper towel and dabbed the paint to cause it to peel. Then I sprayed my black design on, using parchment paper as the stencil paper. (I had it in my kitchen)
After looking at how that came out, I decided to do that to the whole case with different Portal squares. Same white primer, same flat black paint.
For what I could tell, it came out well. The overspray was intentional because I wanted that look. I also would point the black spray far away and spray to get black splatter over the white, to have a soot effect. The back was painted all flat black, as I have different plans for the back.
Originally, the front was going to get the white plexi treatment, before the ASEC case idea, and I was going to make it look like one of those light up panels that say what level it was. But, because I'm on a time crunch (I'll explain), I ditched the idea and painted the front white primer with a spray.
Now that I had the base of the case completed, it was time to work on the doors. I couldn't work on left side door yet (it's depends on the video card I buy) but I could get a start on my right side door, the one behind the mobo. According to the ASEC case, its all flat, no indents, and has an orange ASEC logo. Sounds simple enough, except my case had an indent used as a handle. So, it was spackle time.
Sanded it down, respackled, sanded down, respackled, sanded down and painted later, it was white...well, enough of it.
Next, I marked and tapped down the ASEC logo on the case, and after a half hour (and some choice cuss words), it was ready for spray.
And here's how it came out, and then I had to respray white to touch up where the orange leaked. Then, I took out the black and did a soot look to the side.
And that's where I am so far. The reason I only painted about half the door is because I'm going to take a jigsaw and a torch and I'm gonna cut the door, to give an exploded and burnt effect. I don't get to use a jigsaw until this next weekend, but I still have to draw out how I want to do the front, which will probably come after Wednesday (I have a physics midterm