Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First build of my "Tygon Tornado" went well, unfortunately I couldn't get any in action shots, or any shots of my radiator mounting.

This Project will be for adding wire management, better cable routing (all cables coming out from under the motherboard so that they are barely visible, general cleaning, and shots of how I have my watercooling loop arranged.

Evening One: Planning and cleaning

Here are a few pictures of the before, the Version 1.0 of this build.

Here is front of the case where the radiator is mounted. Those are just number 6 bolts attaching it; using the foam on the sides it makes a very secure fit.

Here is the results of having ~300 CFM of intake; but it is better here in the filter than in my case. On the left is a vacuumed one, and on the right is the filter before cleaning.

Here is my master plan; I took each connector and traced it onto cardboard, then cut that out and taped it to the motherboard. Top left is CPU, top right is motherboard, and bottom right is the SAT cables, and through the hole connected to it will be the front panel connectors.

Tomorrow I will be tracing those holes and cutting them out.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Dang look at all the dust! Also did you paint your pump? I'm interested to see what you can come up with.

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by CattleRustler View Post
rock on
cant wait to see the difference
Neither can I!

Any folks wonder why my room isn't too dust; its all right here in my dust collectors!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuy50 View Post
Dang look at all the dust! Also did you paint your pump? I'm interested to see what you can come up with.
All of my watercooling parts except for the reservoir are pre-owned, and the pump came pre-painted. I thought it was stupid and annoying at first, but actually it looks really nice in the case.

Before the cleaning and everything here were my temps:

CPU - ~35-40 idle per core.
~60 load

GPU: ~65 idle for both GPU's
~ 75 load for both

Chipset: Northbridge : 45-50
Southbridge: 45-50

This morning I will be dremeling and picking up some cutoff discs; and will post more pics and work on it later.

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 2 + 3 pictures now.

First step was to cover up the radiator and tubing to ensure no metal shavings got in.

Next up was to start dicing.

(Here is me cutting away)

My new dremel going to work.

After that I took a sanding bit for the dremel and sanded down all the cuts (no pictures of that)

Here are the cuts.

Now to start wiring it up.

Here is the back of the motherboard tray:

And here is the front before I added any cards.

Lastly was to fill the loop and add the cards (to ensure the wiring was correct). I thought the Swiftech was a blueish, but it turns out it was green; not a big deal though as it looks pretty good as is.

The end result?

Well I made one mistake; I plugged the front 2 Panaflo's into a 7 volt molex; however it made my computer much much quieter and given the following results I won't go back to 12 volt Panaflos.

I did also move my sound card from the bottom most slot, to the top most (probably aiding the GPU improvement).

After: CPU Idle: 35 C
Load: ~60 C

GPU1 + 2 Idle: 50 C
(haven't tested load)

Chipset: NB+ SB ~40-45 Idle.

Overall the project went perfectly; I took my time and measured and dry-fitted at least 2 or 3 times before doing anything.

I hope you Armor owners get some idea's from this.

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErBall
View Post

looks great man. Congrats. Whats up with the white pump?

Thanks.

I bought the pump used from some one on OCN. I thought it was stupid at first, but it actually looks better than the stock black pump.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyager4300
View Post

nice cable management, looks real good, u might have inspired me to try my hand at some similar cabling in my current build

Good to hear, that's the spirit!

I haven't seen much at all on Armor cable management, so I was hoping to give some other folks a hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CattleRustler
View Post

put a checkmark in the "win" column
good job

Make that 3 check marks for wins:

Mod completed

I still have all my fingers

Everything works, no leaks, not a single problem.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
He is using a translucent SATA cable...or a silvery one or something

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice job true50, here is a Tt Armor that I built in 2/08 and upgraded a wee bit on 7/25 but its not water-cooled. The non-sli pics are obviously the first version
e8400
evga 680i
ocz ddr2 1066
wd 150 raptorx raid 0
pcp&cooling 860 watt
This is my first post ever to any forum so pardon any n00bness that may be showing

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monst3r
View Post

wow so nice ill be copying this haha
How did u manage to get the icage up near the psu is???

The Thermaltake armor has a really nice feature where the PSU is mounted sideways, and a special cage is mounted that fits 3 hard drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monst3r
View Post

arent u using a cd or dvd rom? cant see ur IDE cables goin into ur mobo? only see the power connector

All my SATA cables are 36" silver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzy4
View Post

Looks like a good clean start there! But seriously... how much does using the dremel for that suck...

I can relate.

I was expecting it to, but with the XPR 400 it just melted through it, and I only went though 4 or 5 disks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrydstrbd
View Post

Nice job true50, here is a Tt Armor that I built in 2/08 and upgraded a wee bit on 7/25 but its not water-cooled. The non-sli pics are obviously the first version
e8400
evga 680i
ocz ddr2 1066
wd 150 raptorx raid 0
pcp&cooling 860 watt
This is my first post ever to any forum so pardon any n00bness that may be showing

I wouldn't say your a noob at all looking at that job you did.

·
Ugly Pole
2,595 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vrydstrbd View Post
e8400
evga 680i
ocz ddr2 1066
wd 150 raptorx raid 0
pcp&cooling 860 watt
if i saw that cooling at ram earlier i could get that >_> not dominator

both nice
i need to do something whit my to ^^

1 - 20 of 26 Posts