1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halifax1's
Resident Evil/Umbrella Corp. Xbox 360 Case Mod

Reasoning:

The reason I have done this mod is very simple. I am not happy with the Resident Evil 5 Red and Black console that was released recently. I do not feel it looks anything like a case that should have anything to do with Resident Evil. I have such came up with an idea for my own console that I have designed and would like to showcase to my fellow OCN members.

The Idea:

To create a Resident Evil/Umbrella Corp. themed Xbox 360 case designed for myself and to show to my fellow friends on OCN. The design is as follows:

Xbox 360 shell painted gloss black + clear coated.
A custom made Umbrella Corp logo created professionally placed on the case.
Red LED vent lights placed above and below the Umbrella logo to give a lighting effect.

Addon Ideas (If possible):

Repainting the front faceplate with Memory Card doors painted Red (Opposite of Capcom's RE5 casing), as well as a custom painted Umbrella logo over the power button to the console.
Red LED Ring of Light to replace the original Green LED.
I am thinking of leaving the DVD tray Chrome, unless it does not work well with the color scheme.

The Mockup:

This is my original mockup design. I am hoping the final product will be similar but with addition modifications:

Actual work including pictures will be added in the posts that follow.

Thanks for looking!

Final Pictures!

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Before and after primer. Next post will be beginning and finishing of first and second coat of gloss black.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beginning of first coat of paint:

Final two coats of paint before gloss coat: (I've only got one can and I need to do two cases!)

Next is final gloss coating, followed by the Umbrella logo placed, and a final assembled shot.

I'd like to do more. Just not sure of what will work and what will make it look awful. I don't want to do too much. I don't think I'm going to be doing the memory card doors red as I am liking the look of the entire front black.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the final product for now. I had a problem with the power button, so tomorrow I will be going back over it perfectly. It's the only problem I see right now.

These pictures was taken with an iPhone which is why the quality is degraded compared to the others. I tried going over the painting mistake with a brush and I think I improved it greatly.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I'm definately interested in seeing how this turns out. I saw your other thread and I really like the idea. I wanna see some pics.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do. Right now it's had primer on it, and has one coat of gloss black. I'm going to wait a while and apply one more coat, and then apply the clear coat. I'm not sure how the face plate is going to work out, as I tried my best to tape off with pinstriping over the circular part of the ring of light, and since I had no idea how to take that button off I just taped it, so I hope it works out well or I'll have to touch up with paint. I'll fix this thread up properly once I have it more constructed.

·
:)
11,146 Posts
subbed this too

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished for now. I have to repaint an area but that will be tomorrow. Finished images are posted in Post #3.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
WOW. That is sick dude, I love it. I didn't think you'd get it done that fast, but I guess most people actually do **** when they say and not procrastinate for a week like me.

P.S. Couldn't you have gotten a pic without your pirated dead space showing

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puscifer View Post
WOW. That is sick dude, I love it. I didn't think you'd get it done that fast, but I guess most people actually do **** when they say and not procrastinate for a week like me.

P.S. Couldn't you have gotten a pic without your pirated dead space showing

Hey, it's actually a legit backup!

My problem is the power button. I had no idea how to paint it well, so I taped off part of it, but the tape came off during painting.

I touched it up with a brush, but it's still not the same. I am thinking of just painting over it again or finding thiner pinstriping to tape it off with.

Hopefully I'll be able to fix it up a little better.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
that's awesome dude. it looks great and real professional, like

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I could have taken my time and did it far better for the front, but didn't really know of a way to do it, but it turned out nice enough for me.

Added more images in Post #3.

My Red Aurora vent lights are shipping to me now, so hopefully I can add those in a few days.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
looks cool, i sort of dont like the way light reflected, is it a more flat black now?
did not notice that from Iphone pic

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used a gloss black, with a clear coat, so with a cameras flash it's going to have a weird reflection. When just looking at it with normal lighting and no flash it looks like in the iPhone picture. I like it a lot more without the cameras extra lighting because of the flash.

The Umbrella logo is a lot darker than in the first images because of the flash. It actually blends in very well and has a clear coat but still has a semi-gloss look to it because of the paint I used.

I wanted the case to match better with my Samsung LCD, which is glossy, as well as my Dell monitor, so that's why I went with gloss black.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Lol, I see its a Bioshock disc in there now
I was just givin ya **** anyway.

I don't think the power button looks that bad really, I'm sure you'll fix it up nicely anyway though. Get more pics up when you get the lights in it I really wanna see it all lit up I bet its gonna look SCHWEET!

What color are your controllers by the way, you gotta paint them too. Even just a black and red color scheme to match would look sick. I started painting my controller but I messed up when I taped off a design on the back and it came out funny so I just started experimenting with colors on the back. The front of the controller I painted black and left it but the back is now a crazy silver/red color I got by doing light coats of silver and red over top of each other. I'm sure you could do much better though lol.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Looks nice man, great job. Much better than my 360 that I butchered not long ago. lol

• Rep+
Reactions: halifax1

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puscifer View Post
Lol, I see its a Bioshock disc in there now
I was just givin ya **** anyway.

I don't think the power button looks that bad really, I'm sure you'll fix it up nicely anyway though. Get more pics up when you get the lights in it I really wanna see it all lit up I bet its gonna look SCHWEET!

What color are your controllers by the way, you gotta paint them too. Even just a black and red color scheme to match would look sick. I started painting my controller but I messed up when I taped off a design on the back and it came out funny so I just started experimenting with colors on the back. The front of the controller I painted black and left it but the back is now a crazy silver/red color I got by doing light coats of silver and red over top of each other. I'm sure you could do much better though lol.
Haha yeah. I figured I should show off a legit game anyways

As for controllers.. I purchased a black one from someone on here, so I may experiment with that one, and add a red scheme to it, possibly for the back. My other one is still white so I'll probably leave it since my other face plate and case is still white so I can have matching ones whenever I want

I want the lights to come. They probably won't do much, but still will have a nice effect.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Looks really nice! Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing it with new lighting.

• Rep+
Reactions: halifax1
1 - 20 of 41 Posts