Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. I was building my new loop last night and I wasn't pleased with the compression fittings. Maybe it's just the EK ones that I bought, idk. I think what's bothering me is a combo of the barb being hella short, and not trusting the metal sleeve to hold the tubing on the barb. I haven't even filled it yet (still waiting on the 6 fans and fan controller to be shipped before I connect the pump to the loop) and I just know it's gonna leak. If it does, I'm going right back to Home Depot and getting metal screw tightening clamps like i used on the Bigwater 760 no mater how unattractive it is. Are my worries unfounded? What do you guys think. See picture. I know the front rad isn't in the best orientation, but I'll make sure i bleed it well to get out any air pockets.

·
SubZero is the Goal
1,562 Posts
As far as fittings go, and I can primarily go off of experience with plumping mu house, barb or compression is purely aesthetics. As long as you have a straight even cut that sits flush against the fitting, the compression\barb ring will work effectively to keep the line secure.

On a second note, the pressure from your loop will not come close to dislodging that line. With a previous WC loop I owned I had completely forgot to tighten down the compression ring after a pump replacement for nearly a week, it was when I upgraded a video card that I noticed the compression sleeve at the low point on the return line from my cpu.

Suffice it to say there is little to worry about in the lines dislodging, just follow the instructions, use common sense, and when in doubt, ask us here.

cheers.gif

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I pulled each hose end off and cleaned up the cut with a razor blade to make it as straight and smooth as possible and hooked them all back up. I feel a little better about them now having done that because they seemed to resist less. I think it may have just been that the tubing was curled up in the box so long that it wanted to go back to that shape but now that its been unwound for a day, it's a little more accepting of the way you want it to bend. The fans come today so i will be able to properly mount the pump/res and measure out the in/out tubes for it and complete the loop. Leak test and bleeding tonight... wish me luck! Will post pics after its all said and done
smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts