Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this isn't new news, but I just heard about it tonight, so I thought I'd share this in case anyone else (like me) who is preparing for certification exams from CompTIA & was not aware of the upcoming new rule. It's basically saying starting next year (2011), A+, Net+, and Sec+ certifications awarded will have an expiration date. So, better to take it this year & have a life time certification right?

Source: CompTIA

Quote:

Effective January 1, 2011, all new CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ certifications will be valid for three years from the date the candidate is certified. After three years, the certification must be renewed. This can be done by passing the most current exam for a respective certification or by participating in CompTIA’s upcoming new continuing education program, which will allow individuals to keep their skills current and their certification up to date without retesting.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The only problem with that ideology is from a workforce perspective employers will start disregarding pre-2011 certifications as adequate work credentials. The world, she's a changing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.