Overclock.net banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Newsfiend
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrillex View Post

The user I quoted claimed it wasn't the same OS being used on both, yet the comparison image in the first post shows them both as OS X.

So it is a fair comparison, I've never once said I'm against comparing the scores on Windows/other OS, all i said was the user who i quoted was wrong as the first post is both as OS X.
The original image (still quoted in the second post) had the two cards on different OS so no it wasn't a fair comparison. The OP has since been updated and the results are much more in line with expectations.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Yes, because all reviewers will concentrate on OpenCL rather than use Windows.
rolleyes.gif

And yes, 280W Fury X is the best. Its just gotten beaten by a 180W GPU in a framework where AMD have traditionally been better.
rolleyes.gif
Wow.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Definitely like the improvements in some compute... Really hope that the lovely boost bitcoin gets translates to BOINC gpu projects as well as [email protected] because that would be rather blissful to say the least!

Oh, and a nice boost for gaming too (not that my rigs do anywhere near the gaming they used to)

(edited because autocorrect changed bitcoin to a swear)

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Would be good news if Bitcoin mining on GPUs was still profitable. Wonder if the performance increase is transferable to the other mining types?
just think of it like this
smile.gif

profit = ((khash 1080 / khash 980Ti) * ((watts 980 Ti / watts 1080)* power cost)) * what you were making

apply as you wish
smile.gif
thumb.gif

disclaimer : This entire rig was not entirely bought with bitcoin
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Definitely like the improvements in some compute... Really hope that the lovely boost bitcoin gets translates to BOINC gpu projects as well as [email protected] because that would be rather blissful to say the least!

Oh, and a nice boost for gaming too (not that my rigs do anywhere near the gaming they used to)

(edited because autocorrect changed bitcoin to a swear)
lmao ****coin? That is what the wall street guys call it haha

·
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfx View Post

lmao ****coin? That is what the wall street guys call it haha
Buttcoin?
biggrin.gif

41 - 47 of 47 Posts