Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the interwebs for weeks looking for AP-15's but now I think I might just get a new case. Is there any place like a Microcenter in NYC that sells computer components? Not JR music world or something like that, but a dedicated computer store?

Getting to the Microcenter in Patterson is the worst...

I don't have a doorman so I get my packages delivered to work, but I don't want to have to lug a huge case box home on the subway (or let my coworkers know what a nerd I am)

Any sugestions?

<edit> I know this isn't the exact right place for this but I am asking about where to buy fans.... There was no general component forum so sorry mods, didn't know where to go.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
J&R used to list them (recent as last week), but I don't see them on their site now.
How many do you need to order, they shouldn't come in that big of a box, I ordered 4x and it was pretty darn small.

As far as your co-workers (or anyone) is concerned, who cares? It's your hobby, tell 'em to go pee up a flagpole.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was actually talking about if I ended up ordering a new case.... and having that show up here....

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I think that's the best option you have. Or you could setup a PO box near your home and have them deliver there.
I think its cool letting some ppl know that you are a nerd....chicks dig that.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it hard to believe that there isn't a store in Manhattan at all.... damn you internet!

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at some of those places in Chinatown that I thought might have computer components, but they were all nonsense. Where do people buy cables and stuff? Or does everyone just order everything? I want to see a few things before I buy, specifically my case.

Blah

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
The Microceenter in Yonkers is just a couple of stops away on the Harlem Line, LIRR. There are plenty of Korean mom-and-pop places in Manhattan, but nothing with tons of items in stock & on display.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tats
View Post

I have been searching the interwebs for weeks looking for AP-15's but now I think I might just get a new case. Is there any place like a Microcenter in NYC that sells computer components? Not JR music world or something like that, but a dedicated computer store?

Getting to the Microcenter in Patterson is the worst...

I don't have a doorman so I get my packages delivered to work, but I don't want to have to lug a huge case box home on the subway (or let my coworkers know what a nerd I am)

Any sugestions?

<edit> I know this isn't the exact right place for this but I am asking about where to buy fans.... There was no general component forum so sorry mods, didn't know where to go.

there's a microcenter out in Nassau county if you want to take a little ride east...

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah with no car its a pain to get all the way out there. Im just surprised that there is nothing in the actual city besides lame JR music and B&H

Sent from my FroyoEris using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehume View Post
Is there a computer user group or club? Is there a computer user group or club at a local college?
Thats a good idea I live pretty close to nyu maybe ill check there...

Sent from my FroyoEris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by godofdeath
View Post

doesnt really work with some of the other stuff thats in store only

That's when you look for alternatives I guess.

·
Registered
774 Posts
See if there are any UPS Stores or Mail Boxes Etc. stores within walking distance of your home.

You can rent a mailbox there that has an actual street address. That will allow you to receive all types of packages at that location. Most of the stores have 24 hour access as well.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisispatrick View Post
I just order everything online. :|
me too, it seems like NYC would have some amazing computer shops..
Ive yet to find them honestly, i order everything i live in Brooklyn..
i been all over new york!
there's no Fry's electronics here,
you get best buy j&r b&h or whatever and that's really it..none of them are like a Fry's or some big pc store out west..
its sad..really..

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekko
View Post

me too, it seems like NYC would have some amazing computer shops..
Ive yet to find them honestly, i order everything i live in Brooklyn..
i been all over new york!
there's no Fry's electronics here,
you get best buy j&r b&h or whatever and that's really it..none of them are like a Fry's or some big pc store out west..
its sad..really..

what is b&h

1 - 20 of 30 Posts