Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since i got this 5970 my computer has been crashing and i thought it was maybe driver issue or oc (cpu) and now im just fed up.

This is what the screen looks like when the computer crashes and i cant firgure out whats causing it could someone please help.

Some more images
http://img12.imageshack.us/g/dsc0283xp.jpg/
 

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
Joined
·
11,139 Posts
What are you doing when it crashes?
What is in the event log?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,243 Posts
Try reinstalling the chipset drivers.

Reinstall the drivers, use Driver Sweeper to remove whatever is left and then install the new drivers.

What are the temps?

Try to reset it (remove it and plug it back onto the slot)

If the problems still persist, then RMA would be the next/last solution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
What are you doing when it crashes?
What is in the event log?
It only seems to crash when im at the desktop or browsing the internet, never when im playing game. How do i bring up the event log?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,538 Posts
go to CCC overdrive and restore your OC clock to default..then running it..
see if it crash again.
after that OC it slowly.to the top stable u can
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fssbzz View Post
go to CCC overdrive and restore your OC clock to default..then running it..
see if it crash again.
after that OC it slowly.to the top stable u can
Sorry i ment cpu oc not gpu.
 

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
Joined
·
11,139 Posts
Event logs are in computer management then system logs, application logs, etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
seeing how this all started when you put a different card in, first suspect would be the drivers, so do the full uninstall using driver sweeper in safe mode,then get the latest drivers or even try the ones before the latest.
check the temps on the card, make sure it is staying cool, it could be temps.
if neither of those then try to downclock the card, still no luck then sounds like an rma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Temps are fine they are around 56 when idle and only goto about 80 at full load. Ive also tried many different drivers and i re-install the os everytime i do install new ones. Im using the 10.3 beta drivers right now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dual View Post
Temps are fine they are around 56 when idle and only goto about 80 at full load. Ive also tried many different drivers and i re-install the os everytime i do install new ones. Im using the 10.3 beta drivers right now.
those temps are abit high, try and turn up your fan. ive seen people with lot lower temps then that even with air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
those temps are abit high, try and turn up your fan. ive seen people with lot lower temps then that even with air.
40 when i goto about 45% fan speed when idle.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top