Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in the market for a big-ass computer desk. i want it to have the following features.

-at least an L, possibly a U - no straight desks, please, unless they've got add-on legs!

-room for three monitors, keyboard and mouse (i don't like underslung keyboards), axiom 49, small behringer mixer, and a few speakers and cd racks (basically, a lot of room) between two of the sides

-no bar where the joint is. i like to sit into the corner rather than at a flat part

-storage below and around. whether it's a hutch, drawers, or whatever, i need a lot of storage at my desk

-tall enough and deep enough for a zalman gs1000 full tower underneath and room to spare, both above and behind. if there's a clean shot to the back of my case from the other side, even better.

-relatively low price. if i can do this for under 500$, i'd be very happy. if it's lower...i was five minutes away from an awesome U at office depot's closing sale that would have cost me 200$ for the entire thing plus hutch and vesa mount =( i'm a college student, so lower is better

-preferably not all metal and plastic. i'm a wood guy if possible, but i can get into blacks and greys if need be. none of that white crap for me.

really, i've looked in a lot of places and now i'm just curious what you all think based on personal preference. i'm currently using a pos that i got from salvation army for 50 bucks...it's huge, but it weighs an enormous amount and it's butt-ugly. so anything's an improvement.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Post the dimension of your room. It would help to find you a perfect table that fits in your room.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji View Post
Post the dimension of your room. It would help to find you a perfect table that fits in your room.
this is for a future house (my apartment is a hole in the wall), so assume that dimensions don't matter. it might be a basement game/work room, it might be in a study, we'll see.

edit: manyak, that looks awesome except the hutch is sold separate. and it's expensive =(

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the prophet of mephisto
View Post

this is for a future house (my apartment is a hole in the wall), so assume that dimensions don't matter. it might be a basement game/work room, it might be in a study, we'll see.

edit: manyak, that looks awesome except the hutch is sold separate. and it's expensive =(

Nope, hutch included! But yeah its expensive

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
damn, ive been doing the same thing man, the best deals ive found are the Bestar Furniture Sites, they are build yourself desks, ive been looking for one to hold my three 22" screens. They best site to go to for the best Bestar Furniture is here, from all that ive been to:

http://www.bestarfurniturecollection...FQ2dnAodYFGtpg

this is even cheaper then AMAZON!!!!

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
In the same boat. After 10 years this $99 Office Depot desk is finally on it's last legs (a L shaped one, that has room for at least 2 monitors, all the network gear, scanner/printer; parts and rig [don't like keeping it on the floor to collect dust]).

Either the computer desks are too huge now; or they have tiny keyboard trays that won't fit a full sized keyboard/game controller/gaming mouse pad.

At this rate, it's build your desk time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts