Overclock.net banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
39,633 Posts
Will pick up one of these on my way home from work and give it a test before I RMA my motherboard
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_442&item_id=139826
Thats not better than what you already so thats why its so cheap and most of what EVGA sells these days is rubbish
The G2/P2/T2 series the G3 series and a few others are good everything else is mediocre or rubbish

This is far better
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_444&item_id=123982

·
LTSC for life crew
3,117 Posts
@OP - Sounds very much like a motherboard related problem. I'm guessing BIOS issues as well. Otherwise the mobo needs replacing.

Thats not a gold rated PSU and is it the old V1 with the green sticker or the newer V2 with a grey sticker?
If its the V1 https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-...-why-you-should-not-buy-corsair-cx750-v1.html
I read your thread - Very fascinating and in depth review. Johnny guru rated it better than you did though - http://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/03/02/corsair-cx750m-750w-power-supply/

I've had 20+ of these and only one failed when my house was hit by lightning. Crispy fried my fridge and did the same to the majority of my other electronics in the house as well.

I used them for crypto mining. Performed quite well in a 110 Degree F (43C) room under 80% load 24/7. Fed them 240V though, not sure if that had any bearing on things. Made it a hard point to never pass 80% load under any scenario as well.

Don't mean to thread jack - But it might be beneficial to see a different side to things.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@OP - Sounds very much like a motherboard related problem. I'm guessing BIOS issues as well. Otherwise the mobo needs replacing.
I'm able to access and flash the bios to latest, settings changes will stick until the system is shut down or restarted too many times (will sometimes crash when booting windows) then the only thing that seems to boot the system is a long power down and cmos clear

·
LTSC for life crew
3,117 Posts
Replace your CMOS battery!

CR2032 most likely.

I had a sort of similar issue recently. Turned out to be a weak battery from the factory.

·
Senior OCN Member
39,633 Posts
I read your thread - Very fascinating and in depth review. Johnny guru rated it better than you did though - http://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/03/02/corsair-cx750m-750w-power-supply/
You didn't read the thread or at least you misunderstood it because first its not a review its an overview with data taken from the Jonnyguru review you linked and another review from Hardware Secrets it says so in one of the very first lines

I have never made a review i dont have the tools for that and i dont have any load testing equipment either
Edit: the main problem with the DSA III platform is its group regulated so the voltage regulation sucks and its only rated for its full wattage at 30c which is very low

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,775 Posts
I'm not blaming the power, I know what a half-decent psu can handle, but yeah, will try a diffrent PSU tomorrow. Thanks
was mostly referring to what I've now dubbed R0achland.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks all, tried everything, ended up RMA'ing the x470 taichi, will update when it returns

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I still think you should have put an older bios in it

• Rep+
Reactions: neurotix

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah, though this bios was working for well over a week before this occurred. But you are right, I should have tried downgrading (though I did laterally update) , I just got exhausted of troubleshooting especially since each reboot was a 5+ min process. Will start fresh whenever it gets back

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
yeah I mean thats within a window of time, to suspect that the bios change could have been the cause. Bios updates are pretty much like roulette in my experience. If nothings wrong don't change it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You were 100%
I got it back from RMA and the same issue started again. I reverted the bios to 3.60 rather than 3.90 that it shipped with, and that I installed before the issue started, and for now it seems to be working.

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
I was feeling battery.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
(for the sake of anyone who stumbles on to this thread with the same issue)
So the issue started up again after I installed the latest AMD system/all in 1 driver, I uninstalled those and it went with the ones from the ASRock website (Aug 2019) and for now everything seems fine on a fresh windows install, I've fully shut down 3 times in a row no issue

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Glad we got you sorted. Good luck and have fun!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts