Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, during a moving session, my mom was moving stuff onto a cart and knocked my computer off of it (-.-)....

Now when i turn it on, nothing happens. there's some "clear cmos" button on the back that is on even when the power supply is turned off (?) but pretty much i've accepted that my 1.3k computer is dead... is there anyway to determine which parts i can salvage? or even better, is there some kind of generally accepted troubleshoot run through that I can use to possibly fix my computer as a whole?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
strip it down and test each peice as you go. psu with paperclip mod, this will test hdd and fans aswell
the mb i would take everything off it and install just the cpu and 1 ram and gcard if no onboard and try.
my guess its the gpu and the cpu as the gpu is going to have gone up n down snapping out socket and cpu the heatsinks goin pull the cpu.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
I would just check all connections, and try to turn it on. The CMOS button still lights because the power, though off, hasn't been discharged. Check your CPU's heatsink to be sure it's still attached properly.

If still nothing, I'd disassemble, and reassemble outside the case, laying your motherboard on cardboard. Just install CPU/heatsink, One stick of RAM, and display, just to see if you can get in the BIOS.

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
Check the PCI-e slots. You might have broken something there unless it was a light weight GPU. CPU tower heatsinks are bad too so check that, Your RAM could have been knocked loose, and finally check power connectors.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Any update on this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts