Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey People, Lol.
Anyway, my friend was originally going to buy a computer for £650, with dual core and 1900GT, however.. something has arisen and the budget has dropped to £550 including Printer and Monitor..

Anybody want to find/google me a pc for that much? We have a back up, if you guys can't find anything better (7600GT, 1Gig DDR2, 3500+ Single Core, 19 inch Monitor).

It would be better prebuilt... Almost solely because, even though he said we could custom build... I'll be doing all the work.. And not getting payed a penny.

Edit : Doesn't have to have Windows included, we're going to use Windows Ghetto Version.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
i think it would be cheaper if it wasn't prebuilt and i don't know about you but i think building a computer is fun and not something i need to be payed for especially for a friend... but that's just me. if you do go non prebuilt then you may be able to pick up a used monitor for cheap at a local store i have a shop called computer renisance near me and they sell good monitors for really cheap.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
how about this i know the GFX arn't amazing but maybe he could upgrade. i don't know if newegg is the best place to look for prebuilt computers but i thought i would try

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We don't use Newegg in England.

And I think computer building is fun too..
It's what will happen if I break anything..

So if I do it unsuccessfully I could end up paying hundreds of Pounds.
If I do it successfully I get nothing. Lol.

Try and find me the parts on an English website, and i'll think about building it for him. But Please don't give me Newegg links, Lmao.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
lol sorry i didn't know so what places are there in england? lol
EDIT:HAHAHA i just noticed that it was pounds!! hahah wow i feel stupid

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
well this one looks pretty good it doesn't have all the stuff but there is room in your budget for the needed upgrades and at the bottom there is a link to get a nice 19" monitor too and then all the rest of your money could go towards a video card
EDIT: then just get this video card

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol..
Came to that conclusion before..
HE would have to buy a brand new power supply for it, which aren't cheap for a good one.

So that's out.

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This has to include a printer as well...
-Sighs-.
Also, i've found a site, where it's cheaper... and completely prebuilt ..

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm not positive, but can you order from Dell in the UK? I know they often bundle a printer with their computers, and nothing can beat a Dell for cheap prices (If you want to argue, I like to see someone here build a comp with 450 that includes a 17" LCD monitor and printer...). It's just a suggestion, that's the best thing I could think of for cheap.

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buying this probably

From Golden Electronics
4200+ X2 Processor
7600GT
200 Gig Hard Drive
1gb DDR2 Value Ram
19inch Monitor
Canon Cheap Printer

Around £575 including Delivery - A little Over Budget.

Or the Same thing with a Single Core 3500+ Instead is around £532 including Delivery. Which is better value?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts