Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Starting to build a new computer on Ivy, at the moment I have made this list for the components but I aint sure about them yet.

Case: Silverstone SST-FT02B-W [ Can be changed if there is a better metal case with all the dust filters and silent]
PSU: Corsair AX 850W [Sleeved cables]
Motherboard: P8Z77-V DELUXE
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
Graphics: 670 OC?
Memory: ?
CPU: Cooler Phanteks PH-TC14PE Red or H100 or H80??
Hard Drive: HGST HDD SATA 2TB 7200RPM 6GB
SSD: 256GB Crucial RealSSD M4
Sound: ?

Now mostly the computer will be on idle state like 18 hours per day and will use it for gaming/graphic 6 hours.
I would like to build as quiet computer as possible and not to take a lot of power when idle.
I don't have the plan to start overclocking but it would be good if i had the possibility in the future.

As i understand "GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI " has the functionality to switch between intergrated and CPU graphics for power saving. Does ASUS have it ?

I have no limit on the prices or so...

What are your opinions and ideas?
( I don't live in USA so if possible just give me the components names
smile.gif
)

·
Banned
6,500 Posts
Asus, to my knowledge, doesn't have such a feature. However these GPU's underclock themselves significantly when idling and do draw very little power (in comparison) when they're idle. You can also enable EIST and C states on your CPU to significantly use less power, even when overclocking significantly. For instance my CPU is 4,.5GHz OC'd, but draws around 5-10W idle. The whole system draws about 135W when idle
smile.gif

·
Banned
6,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaagupk View Post

What is your system conf ?
Case: Cooler Master Storm Sniper
PSU: Cooler Master 550W GX
Motherboard: P8P67-PRO
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Graphics: GTX560Ti
Memory: 12GB Mushkin Enhanced 1600MHz
CPU: Cooler master Hyper 212+

I run at 4.5GHz @ 1.288v 100% load, when I idle EIST kicks in and underclocks me to 1.6GHz @ 0.960v. To achieve this I use Asus offset overclocking of -0.005v
smile.gif
AIDA64 reports my power draw right now @1.6GHz as 9-10W on the CPU (unsure about total system draw but last time I measured with a wall socket adaptor for that it was about 130W... two/three light bulbs? lol).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts