Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I unlocked my 4th core on my 720 BE heka. I can see 4 cores in msconfig, task manager, and things worked fine until i ran prime 95. It fails the second i start it. The computer freezes, the mouse doesnt move, and i am forced to restart pc. I turned up my CPu's voltage, thinking this was the problem. I kept going, higher and higher seeking a stable cpu, but even at 1.48v, it isnt stable. Is there anything else that could be causing this problem? Has anyone had this problem, and found a fix for it? Or is my cpu defective as it cant even run a second of prime 95?

Thanks in advance...

bigbizznizz

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Have you tried to do anything else other than Prime 95?

It sounds like the core isn't stable, which is why it would have been locked off and the CPU sold as an x3.

They do not guarantee unlocking. You might have just got an actual crappy core.

Try it 4 cores on stock if you aren't, if you are then yeah.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks. I didnt try to OC it, its still at stock. I just tried to boost the v-core to try to stabilize it, from what i read from other guides. But thanks for the response, ill probably shut it down seeing as its defective.

bigbizzniz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on my system information, Any reccomendations for a stable overclock i could use? Im still new to the whole overclock business, and id love to turn this cpu up a bit. Its gonna last me until i get the 6core amd cpu.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
None with the 4th core most likely.

You paid for 3 cores and have 3 cores. Yes, there are 4 cores and some may be able to unlock and work, but unfortunately yours doesn't.

You have a black edition 720 BE, the bus speed should be at 200, and just turn the multiplier up to x18 for 3.6GHz, x19 for 3.8GHz etc. That's the benefit of having a BE chip. Then simply change your vCore to 1.4v or whatever you feel comfortable with and see what you can reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts