Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard with AMD X550 BE and I flashed my bios using q-flash with USB drive to version F2C. I did it to see if I can unlock some cores on the CPU, but after flashing, my computer freezes after it says, "Verifying DMI Pool Data...AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!"

Everything worked perfectly before I flashed to new bios version and i'm confused as to what I should do now. I tried taking out the battery to reset CMOS settings, but that didn't do anything. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
clear CMOS, my old DFI did that occasionaly when messing with BIOS Settings, clearing CMOS did the trick every tiem.

edit: make sure you use the jumper, also some boards have a button for it.

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,988 Posts
i bricked a motherboard using q-flash, clear the cmos if that doesn't help then flash it back using DOS if it still dont work then your board is bricked

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
I have always updated my board bios's by using the windows software that updates it, never failed for me.

And to properly clear the cmos, you have to unplug the power from the wall and take the battery out, otherwise it is pointless. I would try that again.

Can you take a pic of how far you get once you turn the computer on?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth777 View Post
I have always updated my board bios's by using the windows software that updates it, never failed for me.

And to properly clear the cmos, you have to unplug the power from the wall and take the battery out, otherwise it is pointless. I would try that again.

Can you take a pic of how far you get once you turn the computer on?
no actually you are wrong. you dont have to do all that to clear cmos.
all boards have a cmos jumper, jump it for 5-10 seconds board dependant and then move it back, cmos clear
some baords have a button, press the button for 3+ seconds board dependant and guess what? cmos clear
or you can remove all power to the boar, AC & bios battery if all else fails.

where he is is beyond the actual POST of the BIOS, but jsut ebfore the windows load screen comes up. Its actually a screen that if he were to pull of a boot device menu, he would still see the DMI Data pool go by before it came up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have already taken out the battery to clear the cmos and I just cleared the cmos by shorting the jumper earlier.

Now I flashed with DOS using a USB drive, so I made a bootable USB drive with the windows98 boot image and I created a folder with the bios. I flashed the bios through the command prompt and restarted, but it still freezes at the same point on boot up.

Is there anything else I can do or is my mobo bricked?

**EDIT**
I was thinking...

My gigabyte motherboard also has DualBIOS, so would it be possible to corrupt my bios, so the backup bios will automatically override it?

Also could this error be caused by the fact that I flashed into an older bios version? Would trying to flash into a new bios version possibly fix it?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Go into the BIOS and find the setting
ACPI Table (or similar)
Make sure it is enabled. I had the exact same problem on my DFI MoBo. That after flashing BIOS it wouldnt get past "verifying DMI Data Pool" I think its because the update defaulst it to disabled. I simply enabled it and hey presto, hope that works!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts