Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm trying to OC my setup with an Nforce 650i Ultra and an Intel Q8300 Quad Core.

However when I try to increase the FSB from anything but default (1333.3) my computer don't get the initial beep and the BIOS doesn't load..... Have to take out the power cable (!) to get into the BIOS and reset defaults.

I tried increasing the voltages and setting the memory timing to 4-4-4-12, but nothing changes. Whatever I do OC doesn't work.

When I had my 6850 C2D i could easily OC to 3.6 Ghz no prob. But with the Quad I don't get it.

Ntune for overclocking in windows gives me BSOD every time.

(BIOS is latest version...)

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
757 Posts
You're already at 1333mhz with that chip
You can probably boost the FSB maybe to 400mhz I dont have any experience with that board But from what I've been seeing They dont play nice with Newer 45nm quads...
Have you tried a bios flash?

You can also try using 4Gb instead of 6Gb.

You might also trying bumping the NB voltage.

BTW these are things that MIGHT Help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pancing
View Post

You're already at 1333mhz with that chip
You can probably boost the FSB maybe to 400mhz I dont have any experience with that board But from what I've been seeing They dont play nice with Newer 45nm quads...
Have you tried a bios flash?

You can also try using 4Gb instead of 6Gb.

You might also trying bumping the NB voltage.

BTW these are things that MIGHT Help.

Yeah sorry to sound like an OC-noob here, but where can I set the FSB clock like 400 or something. In my bios I only get the QDR in the fsb-config screen. It is at 1333.3 at auto. It is not this one is it? I have searched everywhere in the bios but can't find any fsb setting anywhere else..... Please advice....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts