Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi OCN,

I recently built the rig in my signature but have been forced to use the onboard graphics. My GTX 560 has been carried over from my previous build so I have no doubt that it should work. It is in the PCIe 2 slot on my AsRock Extreme6 and yet it doesn't show up in the BIOS, in Device Manager or anywhere for that matter.

Is there anyway I can resolve this?

Regards,
Jaidyn

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fans all move. This is also the second PCI slot I've tried. the first one being slot 4. It has already been reseated.

When you say the 6 pins, do you mean the cable from the PSU? The thing is, I couldn't find a spot to put the 6 pin connectors near the GPU. In fact, across the whole motherboard I couldn't find a place to put it.

I apologise for sounding very amateurish, this is my first proper assembly of a computer and am therefore very new to some of the hardware.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post

Fans all move. This is also the second PCI slot I've tried. the first one being slot 4. It has already been reseated.

When you say the 6 pins, do you mean the cable from the PSU? The thing is, I couldn't find a spot to put the 6 pin connectors near the GPU. In fact, across the whole motherboard I couldn't find a place to put it.

I apologise for sounding very amateurish, this is my first proper assembly of a computer and am therefore very new to some of the hardware.
Thats your problem! You didnt hook up the powercable to the gpu...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts