Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,807 Posts
How much did you up everything by? You may have went too far causing the computer to be unstable. Try resetting your CMOS and then start over. Go a tiny bit at a time. Does it start up at all or does it do nothing when you hit the power button?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Incase you don't find your CMOS jumper (often on the bottom left of your motherboard and/or near your CMOS battery), you can also take out your CMOS battery (just look for the only battery on the motherboard) for about a minute, then put it back in. That'll reset all your CMOS settings back to default, and you shoot be able to boot. It would be handy if you let us know what your BIOS settings were before and after the no-booting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Turn off your power supply for about 20 seconds or as long as it takes for every standby light to turn off. Turn it back on, and see what happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Hmm, I see you're running a Prescott on stock air cooling. That might prove for some high temperatures while attempting an overclock.

Anyway, have you read any of the FAQs or guides on overclocking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
The cmos jumper is usually right around the battery somewhere, it is 2 pins, sometimes with a jumper hanging off one but not connected to both. If no jumper is present then ya gotta get one... usually hard drives come with extras.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay guys. I fixed it... Thank you.

And by the way, I don't have stock cooling anymore!=D

I can run at 3.42GHz and my temp is at 43C idle and 50C on load. It's just my mobo that's holding me back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Glad to hear it! Might wanna change your system specs so everyone knows what you're running right now though. That's why I thought you were possibly running hotter than you should be haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
mobo wont let ya push it anymore? sorry to hear, i got my 3.2 pressy to 4.01 semi stable till i get some better ram... you are missing out on some potental with that motherboard.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,811 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ShaolinMilk

Okay guys. I fixed it... Thank you.

And by the way, I don't have stock cooling anymore!=D

I can run at 3.42GHz and my temp is at 43C idle and 50C on load. It's just my mobo that's holding me back!

what do you have for cooling, because i run those same temps with stock cooling...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by pbasil1

not saying much for that zalman....

Oh it isn't but its a good cooler, maybe bad seating or no as5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Hmmmmmm.. well, I was gonna say it shouldn't be too hard to up your RAM's speed to 1:1 with your FSB and then set your CAS to 2.5, and even try for 2, but then I saw one of your stick is PC2700. That's gonna limit you pretty bad. I've never been in that situation WHILE overclocking, so I couldn't really help you. Hopefully someone comes along who can though, because I'm curious to see what you can do
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,515 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Neocold

The cmos jumper is usually right around the battery somewhere, it is 2 pins, sometimes with a jumper hanging off one but not connected to both. If no jumper is present then ya gotta get one... usually hard drives come with extras.

No, CMOS jumbers are either 2 or 3 pins, depending on the board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by CanadaGradeEh

Hmmmmmm.. well, I was gonna say it shouldn't be too hard to up your RAM's speed to 1:1 with your FSB and then set your CAS to 2.5, and even try for 2, but then I saw one of your stick is PC2700. That's gonna limit you pretty bad. I've never been in that situation WHILE overclocking, so I couldn't really help you. Hopefully someone comes along who can though, because I'm curious to see what you can do


You definately won't be able to run 1:1 anywhere with that ram. Running two different cas latencys with a pair of ram really hurts performance. My suggestion would be to pick yourself up a good dual channel kit.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top