Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad was watching Criminal Minds on TV and I heard "quad core at 3GHZ" I than bolted in and asked him to rewind it, the specs are as follows:
Linux based OS
Quad core processor at 3GHz
8800 Ultra
6GB of RAM
Okay, 8800 ultras are impossible to find now a days and why run 6GB of RAM on a dual channel motherboard, assuming it's not an i7 with no HT. If you're going to try to do computer techo-babble, you need to do it right with a real plausible situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,623 Posts
csb
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,805 Posts
My wife has been watching some tv show where this completely ******ed blond chick works for the FBI I believe and one of their office computers has a side panel window and lighting on the inside, for an FBI computer?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,805 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
The fbi probably uses dells
Well it actually has some sort of enthusiast case it seemed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,621 Posts
Lol, you realize most i7's despite the hyper-threading are still termed as "quad cores" (because physically, they are).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,274 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
The fbi probably uses dells
I doubt it. They probably use IBM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemaniaci View Post
Well it actually has some sort of enthusiast case it seemed.
It may have been an Antec 1200, I recall seeing in the news (years ago) that there was an Antec 1200 on one of those shows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Lol, you realize most i7's despite the hyper-threading are still termed as "quad cores" (because physically, they are).
Than why the 8800 Ultra?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboHertz View Post
Than why the 8800 Ultra?
Cuz it's the best of the best dawg!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
lol TFB.

It could be an old episode?
Probably. It's been around since 2005.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,058 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboHertz View Post
My dad was watching Criminal Minds on TV and I heard "quad core at 3GHZ" I than bolted in and asked him to rewind it, the.
The fact that oyu bolted in bothers me because it was a computer not a naked chick. When was the last time you go some sir?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
127 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by gex80
View Post

The fact that oyu bolted in bothers me because it was a computer not a naked chick. When was the last time you go some sir?

He's like 12...
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top