Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an issue I cant find answers for on Google. Basically when I overclock my CPU, an i5-3570k, everything technically runs stable and I never get any crashes or anything when the CPU is under heavy load. But when I leave the computer alone and am AFK for like 20 minutes, then the PC will automatically shut itself down. When I look at the computer's activity log, it basically says that it doesn't know at all why it shuts off, I also have the computer set to never sleep. This only happens when I overclock my CPU. I find it interesting that the computer only shuts off when its idle instead of under heavy load.

I do overclocks like 4.4ghz at all sorts of voltage ranges and this still happens, whether I'm at 1.25v or I'm at 1.3v, i tested all of these voltages to see if theres a difference but there wasn't. Same goes for when I overclocked 4.2ghz at 1.25v. I have reformatted my operating system several times and have done switches between windows 7 and windows 10 but the issue still exists.

Hibernation, sleep, and all of those obvious power settings are disabled.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Are you using load line calibration? Adaptive/offset voltage or fixed voltage? Is EIST enabled?

Please list the specs of the system.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Check your DMI voltage, and your CPU standby voltage. I would try raising both of these as my computer used to lock up when left idle when I over clocked passed 4.5ghz. The adaptive voltage n clock setting was too aggressive and when left on idle it would freeze because there wasn't enough voltage for standby / idle mode.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMUracing View Post

Are you using load line calibration? Adaptive/offset voltage or fixed voltage? Is EIST enabled?

Please list the specs of the system.
I agree this could be Offset Mode or voltages being to low.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bro sounds like power supply/MB , what are your specs, I had this issue too with a sub par power supply I overclocked it works while running and would just loose power and restart itself , turned out to be a dodgy psu which rekt the motherboard when I didn't fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts