Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at threads around the internet of people who have had this problem and I still can't figure what is going on with my computer nor is there a one size fits all solution for this problem which is irritating.

The situation is that my computer reboots (no BSOD) a few seconds to a few minutes in to me playing a game. I dont play many games right now but the two I have tried (CSGO, Arma 3, and Guild Wars 2) result in the same thing. This started happening on March 7th so it is a pretty recent problem. However, GW2 lets me play at windowed fullscreen without crashing but CSGO does not and crashes near instantly. The temps in GW2 are around 50-55C for GPU and the CPU ranges in 40-48C per core.

The solutions that I have tried are this.

Run memtest on 1 RAM stick (going to do the other one but I do not think it is my RAM right now).

Used Display Driver Uninstaller to completely reinstall an older Nvidia driver that I used prior to this happening.

Dusted out the computer and cleaned the filters.

I am thinking it is my PSU (system is in my sig) but it could be the motherboard (god help me if it is).

Ran Prime95 for an hour or so just to see if there was an immediate problem with regards to the CPU under high load.

Tonight I am going to run Prime95 for 7 hours+ and see if my overclock has any issues. I would really appreciate anyone's help with this and let me know if I need to provide more information.
redface.gif

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Run it at stock and play all games. If your system still reboots, then it's hardware. If it's not ... then I don't have to mention the obvious.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by _s3v3n_ View Post

Run it at stock and play all games. If your system still reboots, then it's hardware. If it's not ... then I don't have to mention the obvious.
A quick update. So I decided to just update my motherboards BIOS to reset my overclock and settings. I tried playing Rocket League and was able to play for about 45 minutes before it restarted.

Then I installed Uningine Valley to stress test the GPU and within 10 seconds it rebooted so I think I have narrowed down the list of culprits.

Do you guys think it is the GPU going haywire or the PSU being faulty with its power delivery? It could also be driver related but I dont know which drivers would cause something like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts