Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Randomly my computer screen will go off, just the video, I'll still hear any games or whatever is going on in the background. I have no idea why it's happening. I'm typing this fast so in case it goes off again. lol

Can you all help?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Check the Event Viewer (Start > Run > Type: Eventvwr) and look in the Windows Logs\System log for any Source: Display / Event ID: 4101 errors, or other errors related to video driver crashing. Could be software related (which may still be caused by unstable hardware).

Could also check video cables. Maybe one is just loose enough it wiggles for whatever reason just enough to lose signal. Can't overlook the basic possibilities.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The HDMI connector on my monitor has been loose for about a year and any jarring to my desk/the monitor will cause it to go out. Have you checked the connector to see if it's loose? Does it happen if you swivel your monitor around or jiggle the cable? If so then that's your problem. If not then it would be best if you could test another monitor to see if it happens. If it happens on the other monitor then we can go from there...but it's probably just your monitor.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put in my 9400 GT and now everything works fine.

I don't think it was the cables, I undid them and put them back in. Also, my 6970 would turn off while my computer was on, like the lights on it would turn off and my other fans would ramp up. I'm thinking it's something wrong with the card.

I also tried the eventvwr thing but the only errors I could find were the ones due to me turning off the computer via the power button, (since my monitor went off)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.