Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, well this problem is with my sig rig
I have AOA audio extractor which today couldnt do anything with any of the video files i was using, I then downloaded another audio extractor hoping it would do the job. Once installed it needed to restart so i did. When vista rebooted, I got a registry error.. SO i decided to quickly uninstall it before it did anything more. Now when the OS boots up it works fine for about a minute then when I go to do anything involving the task bar or windows explorer it just stops doing anything at all. I have run a virus scan. nothing found with AVG, though i suspect it has nothing to do with a virus anyway. Seems to me like a driver issue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have you tried a system restore to the time before you installed the last set of audio utilities? If not do so and post back what your result was from that.

If you have done that, use a utility that will show your voltage readings I assume your mainboard came with a utility that will allow you to see them and make sure all your voltages are stable with no wild fluctuations.

Make sure thast system logging is enabled, if it isn't already. If it is check your system logs for the information you will need to nail down this buggy little issue.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...ows-Vista.html

Post back what ever you learn from these and I will try to help you farther.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by christalnet
View Post

Have you tried a system restore to the time before you installed the last set of audio utilities? If not do so and post back what your result was from that.

If you have done that, use a utility that will show your voltage readings I assume your mainboard came with a utility that will allow you to see them and make sure all your voltages are stable with no wild fluctuations.

Make sure thast system logging is enabled, if it isn't already. If it is check your system logs for the information you will need to nail down this buggy little issue.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...ows-Vista.html

Post back what ever you learn from these and I will try to help you farther.

thanks for the reply, Problem is it's becoming more and more common'er problem... Basically as soon as comp starts the taskbar locks up completley then eveything goes within a second. Though in the image below, notice the orange highlighted icon? It ONLY pops up when the computers taskbar freezes... So it must have something to do with this, Ovcourse at the time this icon shows it is too late and i cant open task manager to find out what it is.. I also cant hover over it because the whole task pane is locked up

Virus? I have also tried turning off windows aero but it doesnt help at all...
any suggestions?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I assume you can boot holding the shift key, if you do that you get an options menu for safe mode etc... try booting the PC in VGA mode, just try it for me so I can rule out a hunch I have about this icon and all/
Let me know will try to help... obviously this road is leading you to a fresh install of your operating system.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right well... hhmm, I booted to safe mode, did a role back, and it works now... I was intending to do this vga suggestion but my dad insisted a roll back was what was first. The icon is a VIRUS, spyware to be precise... lucky for me I hadnt touched internet banking in about a week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts