Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Twitch Streamer
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so. I just got a hard drive from a friend and put it in my old computer to try to fix it up to sell it. But when I turn on the computer I get a error (not by the computer) but by the monitor saying its starting up a higher resolution that the monitor can handle. It shows the windows loading screen. I have also when into bios and changed around the setting and stuff. This computer is running onboard video (fail) and I do not have a PCI video card to test it out with. I have also tried safe mode and it says the same thing. Can someone shed some light on my problem?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
oh, i go the same error before.
how did i fix it? just trying to remember...

(oh boy, i still was using a 7600gt at that point)

OH! you have an external GPU that you are using with this error or is the the onboard?

·
Twitch Streamer
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorkseid View Post
What kind of monitor?
its a westinghouse

·
Twitch Streamer
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He bought a new HD and gave me his old one. I am putting this hard drive into an old computer to sell to a friend.

·
Twitch Streamer
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was planning on installing Ubuntu on it. I was not going to keep it on there.

·
Twitch Streamer
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure. But the monitor works just fine with my normal computer. So its sorta weird

·
Twitch Streamer
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh well just kill this thread like i killed my RAM. I thought I got rid of my static, but I guess i didnt. Static killed the RAM may it rest in peace lol.. Note to self: NEVER HOLD RAM ON CARPET.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts