amd 3000+
vapo chill micro cooler
seasonic 430w
nvidia 6800gt
raptor 74gb
maxtor 160 gb
corsair x2 512 twinx pro paired with active lights c2

i upped the fsb two 215 x 9.0 and manually set memory cas2
rebooted well pressed power switch,and nothing happened,no bleepas at all.
have done jumper,and battery,un plugged power connector from m/board.cpu fan and northbridge come on,and one of the memory sticks lights up,but the light is in the middle of the stick no 4 or 5,the other stck no lights at all.

·
Registered
514 Posts
TRY! setting bios to default then see if she boots up? If so, run diagnostics on hardware. If all is well go back and customize in smaller increments? Sometimes I set the plug n play to bios instead of windows. In other words no auto plug n play detection is in the the on position. Keep trying, keep posting I would like to know what happened to cause the problem. Oh do ya have a cdrom with thw factory configuration? Anyway just trying to help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
left battery out over night rest jumper position over night.took out graphics card,changed memory,pulled off power supply connection to m/board.still no joy,cpu and northbridge fans work,so im thinking cpu gone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on nothing power up the 2 fans come on,graphics fan,and dvdrw lights up,so does the h drive,thats it no bleeps at all.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I don't think it's your CPU if it's not giving you the first post.
What happen to make it not post. Did you just turn it off, and then the when you try to fire it up, nothing? Or did something happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i change fsb to 210 or 215 and set memory to cas2 which is what they r instead of auto.the seasonic is new

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko2u

i change fsb to 210 or 215 and set memory to cas2 which is what they r instead of auto.the seasonic is new

Do you get any beeps or sounds when you switch on .Can you hear the hdd spinning up . also have you connected the four pin from the psu to the mobo

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Psu problem change the psu and try it .I know it's new but i put a new one in before xmas and same problem .New psu fixed it. i reckon you just got unlucky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just plugged old psu into mboard and graphics and hdrive,still the same all fans come on no start up bleeps.thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I didn't notice if you put the (windows?) boot disk in and restarted again. did you? OR--does the drive function? Just curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko2u

just plugged old psu into mboard and graphics and hdrive,still the same all fans come on no start up bleeps.thanks

·
Premium Member
10,194 Posts
well simply change a components one by one, like, chage RAM, then put it back then change PSU then graphics card then monitor then monitor cables etc... i guess thats just common sence though, hope you have another computer in the house or spare parts to do this job

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
I'm thinking of a fried mobo
I had a mobo that did just that and at the end I had to rma it, after having tested all the other components. Dunno why the mobo died out on you, maybe it was faulty and when you upped the fsb a little it broke down. Try a different mobo if posible... a A64 3000 doesn't fry @215 htt, it has to heat up, start throtling...
Bottom line: if it's not the PSU or the ram, I'd try the mobo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.