Overclock.net banner

621 - 632 of 632 Posts

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
^ Still million times better support than competition.
biggrin.gif

B b bb. but it's weak so irrelevant, comment incoming .....
tongue.gif

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

nope
wink.gif

you beat me to it
thumb.gif
Hh yeah, hypocrisy. i forgot about the green goblin motto.
wink.gif

370 > GTX titan OG. in vulkan. it's like beating a ferrari on race track by honda civic. how pathetic lol.

DX FL_11.1 vs DX FL_11.0, and so called DX12.1 on maxell/paxwell where most of relevant features are still lower tier compared to older gcn. this is why their performance doesn't last long.

talk about better support
lachen.gif

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

use OpenGl for the titan
wink.gif
See, less support, even green goblins know it. thanks for admitting.
thumb.gif

lachen.gif

·
Registered
206 Posts
lol typical red vs green ocn crap
hey lets argue about the highest depreciated item in everyones systems with ssds
dx12/vulkan/etc great stuff love to see this,
wont matter for awhile too early to say but holy lets argue cuz we can predict the future and will be still using same components

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Typical ignorant posters, learn what argument actually was instead of living in wonderland.

LOL

·
Registered
574 Posts
At this point I'm simply hoping that AMD can remain competitive enough to win back a good chunk of market share (and mind share) while they have the advantages they have with regards to the new APIs.

I usually buy enthusiast level PC gaming hardware, and on the GPU side that's meant Nvidia for the past few years. However, things are becoming a bit too ridiculous for me. I'm anxious to see if anything comes from Roy Taylor's "Excited for Christmas" comment, but there's one problem I have. AMD are always half a year too late for me.

I might buy the Titan XP... depending on benchmarks.. but if I do, I'm cutting back and dropping SLI. I've always bought two gpus together for a long time now. But there'll be no more buying the top of the line Titan cards and buying 2 of them. It's just a ridiculous amount of money to spend on GPUs. I mean, I'm all about SLI and having an absurdly powerful gaming PC, but I refuse to give Nvidia so much money like that any longer.

I find my preferences changing as well. A few years ago I wanted the biggest PC I could build. I wanted a top of the line fully featured eATX motherboard with tons of options and expansion slots, and dual GPUs, tons of room for storage, and a fully custom water loop I designed. So I bought it and built it, and it was awesome. I loved it and was glad that I did it. But as the years went on, I started going in the opposite direction and wanted the smallest case I could get while still supporting plenty of features and with dual GPUs and an AIO watercooling solution. It was a great change, and I'm happy I did it.

So now I find myself wanting to downsize again. Since GPUs like Titan XP are so powerful, and Nvidia is becoming insulting with their pricing, SLI truly isn't worth it anymore for me. I'm a big fan of tons of power in small form factors. I would love to have something from AMD be relatively close to the Titan XP and in the realm of sane pricing. So while Nvidia might get more money from me this current generation, my opinion of the scene is changing with these prices, and it's driving me to just going back to the basics and looking at other ways I can improve my setup instead of just adding more GPUs.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remij View Post

At this point I'm simply hoping that AMD can remain competitive enough to win back a good chunk of market share (and mind share) while they have the advantages they have with regards to the new APIs.

I usually buy enthusiast level PC gaming hardware, and on the GPU side that's meant Nvidia for the past few years. However, things are becoming a bit too ridiculous for me. I'm anxious to see if anything comes from Roy Taylor's "Excited for Christmas" comment, but there's one problem I have. AMD are always half a year too late for me.

I might buy the Titan XP... depending on benchmarks.. but if I do, I'm cutting back and dropping SLI. I've always bought two gpus together for a long time now. But there'll be no more buying the top of the line Titan cards and buying 2 of them. It's just a ridiculous amount of money to spend on GPUs. I mean, I'm all about SLI and having an absurdly powerful gaming PC, but I refuse to give Nvidia so much money like that any longer.

I find my preferences changing as well. A few years ago I wanted the biggest PC I could build. I wanted a top of the line fully featured eATX motherboard with tons of options and expansion slots, and dual GPUs, tons of room for storage, and a fully custom water loop I designed. So I bought it and built it, and it was awesome. I loved it and was glad that I did it. But as the years went on, I started going in the opposite direction and wanted the smallest case I could get while still supporting plenty of features and with dual GPUs and an AIO watercooling solution. It was a great change, and I'm happy I did it.

So now I find myself wanting to downsize again. Since GPUs like Titan XP are so powerful, and Nvidia is becoming insulting with their pricing, SLI truly isn't worth it anymore for me. I'm a big fan of tons of power in small form factors. I would love to have something from AMD be relatively close to the Titan XP and in the realm of sane pricing. So while Nvidia might get more money from me this current generation, my opinion of the scene is changing with these prices, and it's driving me to just going back to the basics and looking at other ways I can improve my setup instead of just adding more GPUs.
agreed on all except on downsizing thing I like my mm case and multiple cards,
I am not liking the news on sli/xfire/multigpu so far, I know its like 1% of users but still to take something away after been around so long, or even leave it up to lazy developers? really hope there will be alot of 3rd party fixes support cuz i'm no programmer
I'd go single card every gen if we didnt get the typical intel petty next gen jumps

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toncij View Post

Your explanation IS more probable, but something is bugging me there so I went that way.
smile.gif
I know Nvidia for stalling everything they can as long as they can. They never move further up if they don't have to. They didn't have to announce Titan yet. Quadros? Yes, but Titan may be just?? Ok, counter to AMD FirePro in professional market? Hardly with the same 12GB. Perf wise? No, AMD has Polaris, weak FirePros... Not sure why a Titan so early... and why is it made of unobtainium? (only NV distribution by a website).
Yes the timing is definitely unexpected I agree. My best guess is they didn't want to sit on a pile of Quadro rejects, so they figured why not sell the salvage parts as a Titan card and watch everybody trip over each other to be the first in line to buy it.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

Yes the timing is definitely unexpected I agree. My best guess is they didn't want to sit on a pile of Quadro rejects, so they figured why not sell the salvage parts as a Titan card and watch everybody trip over each other to be the first in line to buy it.
What makes it even more strange is that they've decided to sell it exclusively through their own shop - cutting off a huge market. For example: my colleagues and me bought 12 TitanXes last year and this year we simply can't. There is no NV shop for our country...

621 - 632 of 632 Posts