Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, I am really having my fair share of problems. Ok, so the rig in my profile (presler) is what I am talking about. What happens is, I boot up the rig, everything turns on, fans HD spins ect.. but I don't get any video. I know the monitor works along with the gfx card. But why don't I get any video signal? Thanks

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Have you made sure everything is plugged in?

After installing some ram my comp wouldnt boot.. I mean the fans spun and whatnot and I couldnt think of what the problem was.
Turns out I unplugged the power cable to my xfi front bay..

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweako_420

Have you made sure everything is plugged in?

After installing some ram my comp wouldnt boot.. I mean the fans spun and whatnot and I couldnt think of what the problem was.
Turns out I unplugged the power cable to my xfi front bay..

Ok, I did a few tests,
Took out the ram, and see if I would get a beep code, no beep code, just booted but no screen. I also checked all the cables, everything was inline, my PSU lights up, fans spin.. ect.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Build the system absolutely barebones outside the case. Use 1 stick of RAM, CPU, GPU, mobo, and PSU only (mobo on a static bag, of course). If it boots that way, it's probably a grounding issue in the case. If not, try a series of tests with each of the main components (CPU, GPU, RAM) out of the system one at a time. Each of those combinations should produce that appropriate POST error.

I can't recall, but that mobo support the Presler on all BIOS versions? If not, try to boot with your 640 and see what BIOS version you have.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeric

Build the system absolutely barebones outside the case. Use 1 stick of RAM, CPU, GPU, mobo, and PSU only (mobo on a static bag, of course). If it boots that way, it's probably a grounding issue in the case. If not, try a series of tests with each of the main components (CPU, GPU, RAM) out of the system one at a time. Each of those combinations should produce that appropriate POST error.

I can't recall, but that mobo support the Presler on all BIOS versions? If not, try to boot with your 640 and see what BIOS version you have.

Well, I went to the asus site to find out if my processor is supported by all bios versions, but I kept running into the "loading" bar. I belive it does have native support for the presler processor, though I can't check on Asus website.

Humm.. I will try swaping out the 640 tommrow.. unless something comes up

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Here's a quicker way to what you're looking for. It looks like you need BIOS 0606 or later to run the Presler. My money is that this is your issue. The 640 in there for 10 minutes will hopefully clear it all up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts