Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very important possible simple to answer question. Ok I have all my parts AMD xp-m 2600+, NF7-s v2 mobo and I got everything up and running all the hardware installed in the right places, when i turn it on to adjust things in BIOS it says unknown CPU and it sets it self to default at like 600MhzX 10 mutiplier = 600 Mhz

Ad everytime I try and save it to higher clock and muiltiplier it reboots or sometimes does not come back on but when i do get it back on, I still cannot set it higher. Ok I have flashed the BIOS(with the wrong one ahh! but I got a new BIOS chip now and flashed it with the correct BIOS) but im stomped on why it says unknown CPU? And why I cannot set the clock and mutilplier higher to equal the correct stock speeds of the CPU. Hmm plz if you have any ideas on whats going on plz help!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
the first thing u should do is read the mobile OC guide : http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=287 you will find most of your answers there. Also you may to increase your vcore to get a higher clock speed, and make sure that your ram runs 200mhz FSB +, and yeah, a more detailed list of compontents would be handy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok you might of misuderstood im not trying to overclock it im trying to get it to run stock speeds(200x10) for my CPU amd xp-m 2600+ it wont run over 600 Mhz(60x10) thats what I want to find out not about overclocking.

Thnks

the Mobo is NF7-s v2 as stated above

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
Because you have a mobile chip that is unlocked, it really doesn't have a "stock" speed. Is designed to go into a system that will vary FSB and/or multiplier to get better battery life out of the device.

I don't know the exact stock settings for your mobile XP but if you wanted to go stock, set FSB to 166MHz and the multiplier to 12.5X. That is the max "stock" FSB and it should have no problems running at 12.5X multi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then when I so decide to overclock just up the FSB and run it run stability,? then up it again and keep repeating the process and if one time it doesnt boot, up the Vcore alittle?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD KING
Then when I so decide to overclock just the the FSB and run it run stability then up it again and keep repeating the process adn if one time it doesnt boot, up the Vcore?
Yeah, but since you have an unlocked multiplier, you have more lea way. Be very careful when upping the vCORE, because as you add voltage, you also add heat. You need to have a good cooling solution for the vCORE, but mobiles run pretty cool. I would toy around with a combination of FSB and Multiplier changes to see what is more stable for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts