Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my copy of BC2 just arrived from Play.com (slow as hell delivery) And I thought that I had bought the Limited Edition, however it doesn't look like it
But are those two extra maps only available with the limited edition?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTC
View Post

So my copy of BC2 just arrived from Play.com (slow as hell delivery) And I thought that I had bought the Limited Edition, however it doesn't look like it
But are those two extra maps only available with the limited edition?

I'm assuming you didn't buy the PC version, even though this is in PC games. That being said, your other maps are coming on March 30th as DLC.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious View Post
I'm assuming you didn't buy the PC version, even though this is in PC games. That being said, your other maps are coming on March 30th as DLC.
Yes I did buy the PC version, but in the Manual it says that there are two Initial VIP maps...

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTC View Post
Yes I did buy the PC version, but in the Manual it says that there are two Initial VIP maps...
then you have everything already. Don't worry about the manual.

The other VIP maps were for console players, PC's had them on day 1. Arica Harbor and something else I think.. but fret not, you're up to date.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Did you also get a 1-time use code?

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
There will be a Product Key, and then there should be a second key as well, 16 digits in the format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, and it's what you would put in.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Limited Edition has nothing limited about it, all you get is a code for a bunch of unlocks which you can unlock by leveling up anyway.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did only get one code, which was my cd-key

·
Registered
833 Posts
GAME and Steam are / were the only companies allowed to sell the "Limited Edition" of Bad Company 2 in England (or so I read).

Anyway, I too ordered from Play.com (but it was delivered last Friday). My first "launch" of the game resulted in downloading around 300MB of "updates"; so I assume that you get the "VIP" content regardless of having the "Limited Edition" (as someone else said, Limited Edition just gives you a few unlocks from the get-go - which you can unlock from EARNING then in around 3 hours anyway).
Maybe "VIP" just means "not a pre-owned copy"? I don't know.

I have no idea what this "VIP" content was, but I do have "Arica Harbor" in my map list (and have played it). So if trogalicious is correct (in that map being one of the "VIP" maps), then you do get VIP content regardless.

And yes; there's only one Serial (at the back of the manual) for the "normal" version of the game.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneMatt
View Post

GAME and Steam are / were the only companies allowed to sell the "Limited Edition" of Bad Company 2 in England (or so I read).

Anyway, I too ordered from Play.com (but it was delivered last Friday). My first "launch" of the game resulted in downloading around 300MB of "updates"; so I assume that you get the "VIP" content regardless of having the "Limited Edition" (as someone else said, Limited Edition just gives you a few unlocks from the get-go - which you can unlock from EARNING then in around 3 hours anyway).
Maybe "VIP" just means "not a pre-owned copy"? I don't know.

I have no idea what this "VIP" content was, but I do have "Arica Harbor" in my map list (and have played it). So if trogalicious is correct (in that map being one of the "VIP" maps), then you do get VIP content regardless.

And yes; there's only one Serial (at the back of the manual) for the "normal" version of the game.

Awesome!
All I needed to know! Thanks all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts