Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was trying to OC my p5nsli mobo but its a real crappy overclocker (according to my research and personal endeavors), so the best i can do is using the autooverclock feature to OC my e6400 10%. now i have no idea about memory timings. i just wanted to make sure that using the AI tuning feature could not possibly lead to a PERFORMANCE LOSS. it cant right? am i supposed to mess with my ddr2 667 timings or anything? i just want to keep my OC here to 2.33 most efficiently

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK so if my cpu FSB (QDR) is 1066...i want my ram to be @ 533?

right now its stock @ a 4:5 ratio....... cpu FSB is 1066 and RAM is 677

so i want to change that right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
u wanna change ur ram to 533 to make it 1:1 with the fsb

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so, in the first place, my stock system would perform better if i decrease my ram to 533 instead of 667?

·
Registered
96 Posts
u wont see much of a difference if any, but making ur ram run faster than ur fsb is pointless. set ur ram to 533 at stock and when u overclock ur ram should overclock to the fsb u r at aswell, unless u have set the ram to be stuck at a value of ur choice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks for the info.....but reducing my ram will definately not have any performance DECREASE if its in a 1:1 right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeh

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how should i go about changing the timings for best performance. right now its on AUTO in a 1:1 ratio thou. OCed @ 2.34. Do the timings need to be changed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts