Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCCstudent
View Post

Thaks everyone,once stable -bigadv is the way to go.

On which computer are you doing that on?

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Congrats PCCS, you're moving quickly, you're on my threat list. I'll be ramping things up in a couple of weeks though. Lets race to 10 million points.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
I have my second one all ready to go but the bottom fell out of my 655 pump,so a few more days on that. The 3rd one will take a bit longer as the mobo and cpu just got FedExed out to Intel and ASUS for RMA on Saturday. That was a lot of work getting 3 pieces packed (and too different vendors) lets hope I did not make an RMA mistake but I almost had a heart attack getting things together.

Yep Cy you are the one I am looking at everytime I check the stats. You passed me when it was too hot to fold hard but now you are dead meat

It will be interesting to see just how often I can turn in a WU with 3 i7's. I did not really plan it this way,it just happened because I needed to verify my damage from the power surge or lighting strike that took out my first and only i7. I was really going to go for the SR2 but K4 made me realize I did not want to tie up everything in one rig.

EDIT: I say I always think of what would happen if I needed to re-sell some hardware and it might be hard to sell water cooled i7's to desktop people. If I sold then here people would want me too part out.

·
PC Enthusiast
3,510 Posts
What is this thread all about?

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pangeltveit
View Post

What is this thread all about?

This is a thread about points earned while folding (a congrats to PCCStudent for earning over 5 million total points). Folding, in short, is about allowing your computer to compute protein folding with its spare cpu cycles. Through this research with protein folding it is thought that many diseases could potentially be cured someday.

If you'd like to read more about it, here is the FAQ:
http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...need-know.html

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Gratz PCC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy
View Post

Congrats PCC! Make the next 5M faster than the first.

I second this.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
I would like to stick around for another 5 mil but the Forum is deviating off topic much to much and proper civilaty must be the way we do business here, no "bonus" is made by dumping on people, OK if you don't agree with someone,don't make it personal. I do see hope with Morts new plan though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts