Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Twitch Streamer
1,780 Posts
There might be like a spliter cord that works for all of them or something. But other than that I would just suggest using SATA for all of them and just use a zip tie to keep it nice and tidy

· Twitch Streamer
1,780 Posts
In my opinion the daisy chain molex is nice, but if you dont use them all then you have all that stuff hanging down and it's just in the way.

· Premium Member
8,749 Posts
Most of the time yes. You might need to go into the bios and set the Delay For Hard Drives setting to take a few extra seconds to allow all of them to spin up though. It depends on the bios as to exactly where it is, what it's called, and how many options it has. It's less of a problem now since current drives draw less power than older ones did, unless the system is left off for long periods of time in a cold location that would cause the lube in the drives bearings to stiffen up.

There is nothing you can do about data cables though. The best you can do is stack them together.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf;13030591
Most of the time yes. You might need to go into the bios and set the Delay For Hard Drives setting to take a few extra seconds to allow all of them to spin up though. It depends on the bios as to exactly where it is, what it's called, and how many options it has. It's less of a problem now since current drives draw less power than older ones did, unless the system is left off for long periods of time in a cold location that would cause the lube in the drives bearings to stiffen up.

There is nothing you can do about data cables though. The best you can do is stack them together.
I'll give a shot after I get my new MB tray in the mail, gonna cut up some so I can route easier.

Stack? Well currently, in the ATCS840 club, I don't know how to "manage" these cables well, as there is currently a bulge in my sidepanel because there are too many wires underneath the MB tray, sort of OT but yea.. not sure how to properly route cables

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.