Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Performance is the bible
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering sitting the third card on the bottom pci-e slot, in order to give my middle card some more air.

The normal tri-sli bridge will of course not be usefull.

Will using two normal sli-bridges to connect the first and second card, and the second to third, and a longer 12cm flex connector from the third to the first, will be the right way to do it, or its not possible?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Two regular SLI bridges, connecting 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 will work perfect.

·
Performance is the bible
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
Find an R3E sli bridge son

Hmm, I have it.

I just wanted to put the third card on the last pci-e slot, and make some room for air to flow, which in turn should lower the middle card's heat.

The tri-sli bridge isn't that long, and the included long single sli bridge is just shy of reaching its goal.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
I just wanted to put the third card on the last pci-e slot, and make some room for air to flow, which in turn should lower the middle card's heat.
So you want one card in slot 1 and the second card in... slot 7?

I believe there were super long flexible SLI bridges available that may be able to reach. If you aren't able to find one, PM me and I'll dig through my stash to see if I can find one.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
Doesn't allow tri-sli without a third connector or a tri-sli bridge

Oh for realz? My bad ... It works for crossfire, assumed it'd be the same for SLI. Learn something new every day ...

·
Performance is the bible
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap View Post
So you want one card in slot 1 and the second card in... slot 7?

I believe there were super long flexible SLI bridges available that may be able to reach. If you aren't able to find one, PM me and I'll dig through my stash to see if I can find one.
I want one card in slot 1, second in slot 2, and third in slot 4 (each slot in the R3E is a double size card, standard).

The longest there is, is a 12cm size bridge, which isn't long enough.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Defoler
View Post

I want one card in slot 1, second in slot 2, and third in slot 4 (each slot in the R3E is a double size card, standard).

So ... the problem lies in spanning from slot 1 to slot 7

I think the only way you're going to pull that off is with a quad-sli bridge off of one of the evga 4xSLI boards.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Defoler
View Post

If you can find someone with a 580 lightning willing to part with one of the flexible bridges that come with it those are longer than 12cm, & will fit from the 1st slot to the 7th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts