Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was messing around with my computer's settings (i know, very bad idea, and i've learned my lesson). i was using Services.msc, got to it by going to windows then run. i was disableing and turning somethings to manual, as apposed to automatic in an effort to free up resources. well, i turned something to a setting which it shouldn't be on, and now i can't access certain websites. the exact message i get is... The connection was refused when attempting to connect to <website>. this doesn't happen with every website i try, 3 specifics ones are: ssinfo.purdue.edu webmail.purdue.edu and worldofwarcraft.com i also can't access another page for physics homework, which uses java scripts which i think the other sites use too. i've downloaded new versions of java, netscape, download mozilla, etc, but nothing works. can anyone point me into the right direction to clear up this mess? thanks a lot.

Matt

NOTE: i have this same post in the OS boards, not sure where it goes.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Really I would need a list of all the services you have started to know what you may or may not be missing. You can also try this guy: www.blackviper.com . He knows everything you need to know about windows services. Go there and follow his guide to make sure you have all the proper services running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts