Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn on my xbox 360, it will not connect to xbox live, unless i go into the settings and "test the connection" Then it works untill i turn it off again. This only happens with the network settings i currently have on. but with out them i cannot have an open network status. plz help, im annoyed about doing this every time i start my xbox.

The error:
Cannot connect to xbox live. Select test connection to troubleshoot, or try recovering your profile.

Settings:
Manual
DNS Auto

Ive tried reseting the router and xbox and it still occurs.

ive portforward the ip 170 too.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
Well that shouldn't matter as it's simply the final result that matters. As long as the switch isn't assigning a random IP every time, port forwarding should work fine.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman340
View Post

Well that shouldn't matter as it's simply the final result that matters. As long as the switch isn't assigning a random IP every time, port forwarding should work fine.

ive got no idea on how to access the switch. lol, But connected even with auto it wont conect unless directly connected to the router.

Auto assigns my xbox 169.254.193.112
This would be the switch doing this. What would the control web thing be for the swtich???

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive got two before it reaches my xbox, the first one is a wrt54g linksys router with 3rd party firmware, and the other is a cisco catalyst 2950 24 port switch, probs is with this one is that i cant access its web thingo lol.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
Well switches don't handle that part. You should just be able to port forward the router for 169.254.193.112 and have it work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts