Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first time i booted the pc, the power led's came on and the fans started working, then there was small buzz sound and the pc shut down immediately, this happened within 3 seconds of turning it on, i double checked every connection(peripheral power supply,SATA,Proc power and mains supply) and i followed every bit of instructions.. now it doesnt boot when i press the on button, and every connection is in the right place, there is a small green light that remains on the m/b when i switch the power supply on,whats going on???pleeeeeeease help,

system specs:intel dp965lt motherbaord
intel core duo proccesor conroe 2.40ghz lga775
corsair 2gb ram(2X1 gb sticks)

*all these components are garunteed to be compatible*

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Could be an improperly seated heat sink. Or you don't have the power supply plugs all plugged in correctly. What kind of video card?

You could also have a short between the case and mainboard.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I am thinking the CPU. Did you mount the HSF correctly?
About the sound..it can be the CPU overheating if you didn't mount it correctly.
I am also thinking about the RAM..Try booting it with one stick.
If you have to, only keep the CPU on. Try to boot it that way to see if it even turns on
before everything....try to reconnect and reseat everything first

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
yep sounds like a short. pull it all apart, check for screws stuck between the board and case, you'll likely find a burn mark. i was lucky the one time that happened to me, i put it back together, and it still worked

also make sure your psu is set to the right voltage for your region, on the back of the psu, usually little red switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts