Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes it seems like computers get adware and such after awhile just so you upgrade... what are the odds that comp companies embed it into the computers and have it release itself after a certain period of time so you go buy another computer? namely dell that i think does this

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

sometimes it seems like computers get adware and such after awhile just so you upgrade... what are the odds that comp companies embed it into the computers and have it release itself after a certain period of time so you go buy another computer? namely dell that i think does this

I think they adware problem becomes critical after awhile because the more you visit the internet the more adware/spyware crap you're prone to get if you're not protected.

I doubt any manufacturer does this.. After all the person could just stick the Quick restore Cd in and have a clean computer without needing to know much about computers.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I think they adware problem becomes critical after awhile because the more you visit the internet the more adware/spyware crap you're prone to get if you're not protected.

I doubt any manufacturer does this.. After all the person could just stick the Quick restore Cd in and have a clean computer without needing to know much about computers.

true... but they could play the odds that a person would not do that. + the operating systems are dell only. why is that i wonder?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Remember the same people who create the Problem have the Cure!! But your computer setting (PRIVACY) have a important role in preventing this !!All programs leave Backup files that take space even after Uninstalling them!! Just have to find these file an remove .....

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

true... but they could play the odds that a person would not do that. + the operating systems are dell only. why is that i wonder?

The operating systems arent dell only... I have a few windows XP cd's from dell with corresponding cd keys and I've had them on my computer before with no problems.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Quote:

Define Dell only...I just gutted my machine, everything new except CPU and 1 stick of RAM and I installed XP from the Dell disk...no problems. The only thing that I have noticed so far is a radio button in the Start menu for Dell. And my previous rig (4550) was online for 2 years with no problems. I was running firewall softeware ZoneAlarm so I don't know if it kept me safe or not but all I do know is that everything seemed fine.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalie

Remember the same people who create the Problem have the Cure!! But your computer setting (PRIVACY) have a important role in preventing this !!All programs leave Backup files that take space even after Uninstalling them!! Just have to find these file an remove .....

Best thing is to have a storage HDD or partition, and just formatt often, nothin beats the performance of a fresh windows install with all the crap services disabled.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

The operating systems arent dell only... I have a few windows XP cd's from dell with corresponding cd keys and I've had them on my computer before with no problems.

hm.... mine said for dell only. i dunno though cuz when i tried to install it on an old comp it didnt work

·
Registered
47 Posts
Quote:

hm.... mine said for dell only. i dunno though cuz when i tried to install it on an old comp it didnt work

Start simple !!
First RUN at start menu a ( msconfig) I start all my programs manually

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalie

:withstupi Just like the phone company will sell your number to telemarketers then after you get 100+ calls the phone company will try to sell you privacy manager to block all sales calls........PROBLEM and CURE from the same place

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsLasher

:withstupi Just like the phone company will sell your number to telemarketers then after you get 100+ calls the phone company will try to sell you privacy manager to block all sales calls........PROBLEM and CURE from the same place

yea man exactly lol

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
uh... There is no conspiracy... That just means that in the first few minutes u didnt have a adequate firewall/antivirus and such..

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
that's called marketing my friends... and dell has programs pre-loaded onto the hdd when you get it, what makes you think they don't load adware?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts