Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Video game giant Electronic Arts stepped into the Worst Company In America nonagon of unpleasantness this morning crowned with two Golden Poos and with the confidence that the tournament's only two-time winner deserves. But in the end, it wasn't EA that was carried out of the arena in victory - it was Time Warner Cable.
http://consumerist.com/2014/03/24/eas-worst-company-in-america-reign-comes-to-an-end-with-loss-to-time-warner-cable/

Thinking this is the right section.

·
Been here for a while
866 Posts
LOL, EA? HOW COME? HOW DID YOU LOST SUCH HONORABLE POSITION?

Indeed, there are more companies that fit very well that prize lol, basically add every big comunications company

My vote goes for Telefonica!

·
Living life! Twice IfIHv2
3,459 Posts
AT&T has so much suck it cant be put into sucking words. It is an art form to them. But I may be a little bitter.

Edit: Im quite confident my horse, AT&T, can beat Verizon and move to the next bracket.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I might vote Comcast this year. I'm so frustrated with them I can't handle it. You get stuck in their awful bundles. Don't want to pay $200/month? Don't want a triple play? then take your pick of awful cable + medium internet, awful internet + medium cable, or great tv + cripplingly slow internet. The deals expire every 6-12 months, so I'm back on the phone with them like clockwork once or twice a year fighting over the same crap. Every rep says something different. I've got a bundle in my cart, but the phone guy can't honor it because it's a different price. By the way, do you want a triple play? Then the internet chat guy says he won't honor it because its for new customers only, but I'm logged into my account and literally picked it directly from the existing customer section. Finally the third guy says no problem, but by the way, want a triple play? You can't check out online without adding a $40 technician install, or a $10 self install kit. YOU ARE CHARGING ME TO INSTALL IT MYSELF. However, I'm already a Comcast customer. I'M ALREADY INSTALLED. So I have to pay a service change fee, and buy a self install kit. I asked them to waive it, but that that's a 50/50 shot, and at this point I've spoke to three or four people over 2 hours and it's not worth my time to fight over $10. This time I got the self install kit waived, BUT THEY STILL SENT IT. And its literally the exact same cable box that I have now. I opened it hoping it was a newer model. So now I have to drop the crap back off at the post office.

Literally all I wanted to do was upgrade my cable from Digital Economy to Digital Basic since my old deal expired. Why is this so time consuming, shady, and frustrating.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

UPDATE: And the "new" box I just got? Doesn't work. Another hour on the phone and I'm back with my original box.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultisym View Post

AT&T has so much suck it cant be put into sucking words. It is an art form to them. But I may be a little bitter.
Everyone that I've ever known that's had ATT feels or has felt that same way, including myself, just an awful company.

·
Consumerism 101
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post

I fail to see how any of these companies could lose to Monsanto
Because the majority of the country is ignorant...

• Rep+
Reactions: kyrie74

·
PC Gamer
1,163 Posts
I thought the exact same thing when i read the original. Food, Inc. Blew my mind.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post

I might vote Comcast this year. I'm so frustrated with them I can't handle it. You get stuck in their awful bundles. Don't want to pay $200/month? Don't want a triple play? then take your pick of awful cable + medium internet, awful internet + medium cable, or great tv + cripplingly slow internet. The deals expire every 6-12 months, so I'm back on the phone with them like clockwork once or twice a year fighting over the same crap. Every rep says something different. I've got a bundle in my cart, but the phone guy can't honor it because it's a different price. By the way, do you want a triple play? Then the internet chat guy says he won't honor it because its for new customers only, but I'm logged into my account and literally picked it directly from the existing customer section. Finally the third guy says no problem, but by the way, want a triple play? You can't check out online without adding a $40 technician install, or a $10 self install kit. YOU ARE CHARGING ME TO INSTALL IT MYSELF. However, I'm already a Comcast customer. I'M ALREADY INSTALLED. So I have to pay a service change fee, and buy a self install kit. I asked them to waive it, but that that's a 50/50 shot, and at this point I've spoke to three or four people over 2 hours and it's not worth my time to fight over $10. This time I got the self install kit waived, BUT THEY STILL SENT IT. And its literally the exact same cable box that I have now. I opened it hoping it was a newer model. So now I have to drop the crap back off at the post office.

Literally all I wanted to do was upgrade my cable from Digital Economy to Digital Basic since my old deal expired. Why is this so time consuming, shady, and frustrating.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
One of the main reasons I moved back into an area that has Cox.

·
Premium Member
5,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomo4shO View Post

Because the majority of the country is ignorant...
This. And also, how the flip did Koch Industries beat out Sallie Mae!? Or Abercrombie and Fitch beat Delta?!

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
one of the reasons i went business side for my Internet - no issues whatsoever. 24/7 service + accurate bills and knowledgeable reps who can actually do something without contacting a supervisor.

·
Consumerism 101
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernyankey1970 View Post

I'm shocked that Comcast didn't get this award....or even more surprising....Bank of America-the most bloodthirsty,parasitic corporation that ever was IMHO.
Considering that the title has yet to be rewarded and both of those companies are still in the running...

Reading comprehension goes a long way...
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Interested to see the ppl actually voting for this...and hear their arguments...
tongue.gif

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNikel View Post

Monsanto...........is basically trying to destroy the world.......Yup, pretty sure.
Nooo, just take over the world...it makes a difference...sometimes
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Monsanto...........is basically trying to destroy the world.......Yup, pretty sure.

OT: Not surprised that TWC beat out EA, the big 3 cable companies are nothing but greedy. Sad thing is, is that my small local cable company is trying to copy the bigger ones models because of the success, I use to have 20mb/s with unlimited data @ $93 a month, now im at the same 20mb/s but with a 250gb cap @ $93 that I hit every month cause there are 3 of us. Also 1.5mb/s upload SUCKS.

Ive actually considered moving to business cause there are NO other choices, hands are tied.....And it sucks, but what can we do? This is why Im glad these cable providers are taking heat,they continue to jerk us around with goofy prices and they hinder our advancement into 4k streaming......no rofl...lets just start with 1080p streaming without buffering problems.

·
Banned
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNikel View Post

How so? I'll admit they are definitely a horrible company that's done some terrible things but I hope you're not implying GMO's are an inherently bad thing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts